Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Pellegrini should of made the sub sooner but when he did the team wrestled some control back of the game.
I can see why he started with Bony and sterling up front because they played well against bournemouth, but he needs to stop playing 442 in europe...

Just not good enough tonight from the manager, end of.

Terrible set up yet again in THIS competition.

Terrible set up, and shocking defensive organisation. The number of times they got behind us with the simplest of one-two's down the left flank, whilst Navas and Zab both charged at the man in possession and left the runner, bordered on the incredible. A fantastic way to win, but KDB papered over some sizeable cracks.

Still await a European performance that gives us more positive answers than questions.

Everyone and their dogs could spot the problems in our set up tonight. We'll get beat in Seville if we play like that.

That said, delighted with the win.

Awful from MP tonight, we got very lucky.

It really is unbelievable how he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again.

Could have lost by two or three tonight had Gameiro turned up, instead of finishing like a sunday league player.

Still await a European performance that gives us more positive answers than questions.

Everyone and their dogs could spot the problems in our set up tonight. We'll get beat in Seville if we play like that.

That said, delighted with the win.

Unfortunately one of the few who can't see it is paid by city to do just that

Erm, well, yeah...very poor set-up tonight...that's the only positive I can give him (LOL)...let's move on eh?!

Genuine question but was it 4-4-2? Seemed more like 4-4-1-1 to me. We weren't exactly fluid but I think we have to give the manager a little bit the benefit of doubt because he was limited with who he could play. Personnel wise he chose what I imagine 99% of us chose and he decided to keep sterling central due to his good performance at the weekend. He was playing deeper than a traditional striker in a 4-4-2 though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.