Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if our number 1 target was available right now and he isn't I suspect.

Our senior management needs to take a look at itself as its created a scenario where a manager knows he is off come the summer and worse, it allows players to think fuck it, he is off any ways.

Fucking depressing situation for the club all this given the sheer amount of good news off the pitch right now.

They had better have Pep lined up or its going to get messy.

We have both defended Pellers long and hard, for good reasons, but I confess that I am short on defence and even shorter on patience now. A similar thing happened with Mancini, for me. I also wanted Pep then but even if we have him wrapped up for next year, the case against keeping Pellers any longer sadly go a huge push forward today.

Pellers biggest crime is putting too much faith in his players. He has not compensated properly for their weaknesses and the downgrade we suffer when so many of our key players are out or out of sorts.

Today, he got the team selection wrong from the off in my eyes. I tweeted before game that I'd have played Delph; I also thought then that I would have started Clichy. I think he should have had the foresight to start all three of Delph and the Ferns, with a game away at Stoke where he had to start MDM at CB.

Injuries are really not helping and today that gave us a glimpse of why, to much criticism, MP still insists on starting Yaya all the time. None of Silva, KDB or Dinho filled the hole in the middle of the team and controlled the ball like Yaya does. I have harboured hopes that Dave could but he has never proved it yet. Both he and KDB were absolute garbage today, which doesn't help but is not an entire surprise. The manager has to get KDB by the scruff of the neck and instill some real focus in him: too often he fails to make the easy pass. KDB is a huge talent but he has to learn that the best players do the simple things right time and again.

Our level of injuries will rightly raise questions over training methods etc but they may not be controllable - the club though should be consulting external experts on that pdq if they are not already doing that - because injuries are undoubtedly hurting us. However, Pellers is not adapting to their impact on his squad well enough and does not have a system to fall back on. Time to go back to basics. Ironically it was a failure to do that which did for Hughes, IMO. Don't think Pellers will make that change and, therefore, the Board has some serious thinking to do. If they have Pep lined up, do they resort to a caretaker before our challenge requires an undertaker?

No. I'd keep Pellers until end of season then assess.
No rash decision.
Hey we ain't exactly mid table as is Chelski.

I don't want him anymore as manager, but best to bring in someone new preseason

Sorry to piss on your parade but our form over the last 10 league games is mid table.

It's a collective effort between management and players and both are falling way short. My only bit of optimism (there's less and less as the weeks trundle by) is the fact we've shown in the past when the chips are down and we're written off we are more than capable of putting a run together. The fact this year the league is wide open has me clinging to the faintest hope we can come through this difficult period and keep within touching distance.

I honestly don't see Pellegrini going anywhere. Some of you are going to combust before Xmas day.

Get the manager that Bayern would get if Pep would leave them.

I think Pelle knows he is out soon. He absolutely wont change much in tactical terms until that. Same mistakes, same bad preparations for games, Spurs, Pool, the Juve games, Stoke, these are hardly our last losses this season or even this month.

We play Leicester and Arsenal later this month. They will enjoy our high line, huge holes in middle with lack of workrate tactics. If Stoke with Sparky was able to come up with a gameplan against the Engineer, imagine Ranieri or Wenger.

Permanent or temporary?
That's tough.

I'm sick of waiting for pep and I don't see anyone better than CA who is actually available.

That's said I would have liked loop. He's young passionate, vibrant, fresh; everything that CA isn't.
But without some guarantee for pep then I think yeah, I'd put CA in on a 3 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.