Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
loved the look in the eye moment and Mourinho could not look back at him. Happy days we have them beat.

Best I've seen of a Pellegrini team defensively since Malaga played Dortmund in the CL. We defended about 5m deeper than we have in the past against the top sides. We were far more compact. Far more narrow. And far more comfortable playing like that. It suits us. It's suits the captain. It suited Mangala more. Both full backs were two of our best players.

Brilliant!

Best I've seen of a Pellegrini team defensively since Malaga played Dortmund in the CL. We defended about 5m deeper than we have in the past against the top sides. We were far more compact. Far more narrow. And far more comfortable playing like that. It suits us. It's suits the captain. It suited Mangala more. Both full backs were two of our best players.

Brilliant!

100% this and in the second half we played them as their own game...let them have the ball defend deeper and hit them either on counter(dinho goal) or from a set piece(vinny)...he set them perfect today well done and more of this MP

i was highly critical of Pellers last season because of the weaknesses at the back and that nothing seemed to be changing. i sense a lot of work has been done in the close season to improve and solidify the back and have to praise Pellegrini for the vast difference on show so far.

i think the addition of Sterling has helped to balance the team. Maybe some of the problems last season were that Kolorov and Clichy had to act like wingbacks, but with Sterling there, there isnt the necessity for Kolorov to have that responsibility and can play more defensive and support the attack in a more balanced way.

The whole team looks balanced and, ironically .. a team of players that are working for each other where last season we seemed to be a bit disjointed and a team of individuals at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.