Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was highly critical of Pellers last season because of the weaknesses at the back and that nothing seemed to be changing. i sense a lot of work has been done in the close season to improve and solidify the back and have to praise Pellegrini for the vast difference on show so far.

i think the addition of Sterling has helped to balance the team. Maybe some of the problems last season were that Kolorov and Clichy had to act like wingbacks, but with Sterling there, there isnt the necessity for Kolorov to have that responsibility and can play more defensive and support the attack in a more balanced way.

The whole team looks balanced and, ironically .. a team of players that are working for each other where last season we seemed to be a bit disjointed and a team of individuals at times.

I agree. Kolorov still does bomb forward, however Sterling is aware of this and tracks back when Kolorov leave his space. The gap which was there when Silva played on the left and came in centrally isn't there anymore. We are much more balanced with 2 wingers stretching the pitch allowing Silva to float like a #10 is suppose to.

tactically spot on against Chelsea. 5 man midfield look more solid. in this formation we can still score plenty of goals even we play with single striker. he need to scrap his idea to play 4-2-2-2 with 2 striker. imagine if we sign KDB, we will have much more flexibility.

start the game with this - 4-2-3-1. i wish for this formation long time ago. playing with natural winger or inside forward are essential in modern games. i'm so glad we signed Sterling, in addition to Navas.

1316203_Manchester_City.jpg

and ended with this - 4-1-2-3. Chelsea have no idea what hit them. some of them thought we will play 3 CB at the back and start playing bus parking tactic when we bring in Demichelis with the scoreline 1-0.

1316204_Manchester_City.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely buzzing for the boss. Continues to defy the critics and defy those who say he isn't tactically as good as anyone else in the league. Has got his team and his players playing like they mean it. Made Mourinho look second rate yesterday.

Absolutely buzzing for the boss. Continues to defy the critics and defy those who say he isn't tactically as good as anyone else in the league. Has got his team and his players playing like they mean it. Made Mourinho look second rate yesterday.
Down to playing 1 striker mate, simple as that, extra man in the middle and we are seeing Yaya back to his best, Dave in the middle behind the striker is without doubt his best position .

Very pleased that Manuel has carried it on from last season.

And 315 fucking rocks !

Down to playing 1 striker mate, simple as that, extra man in the middle and we are seeing Yaya back to his best, Dave in the middle behind the striker is without doubt his best position .

Very pleased that Manuel has carried it on from last season.

And 315 fucking rocks !

Think it's down to lots of things. Form of Vinny/Toure/Silva. The addition of Raheem. And yeah losing 442 for a 433/4231 variant. He fucking schooled Mourinho yesterday. The little fist pump at the final whistle said it all for me.

Glad we didn't make the decision to get rid of Pellegrini. I'll admit I was a bit sketchy but after the strong finish I thought it was best to stick with him. It is still early yet but you can't question the masterclass we have given both of our opponents so far. The real test will start soon once the Champions League comes into play.

Think it's down to lots of things. Form of Vinny/Toure/Silva. The addition of Raheem. And yeah losing 442 for a 433/4231 variant. He fucking schooled Mourinho yesterday. The little fist pump at the final whistle said it all for me.
Makes last season all the more baffling. Hey ho, it's history now. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.