Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of talk about the players being hurt, hungry and more than anything angry after being written off as also rans for this season. I think the same applies to Pellegrini, I can't remember seeing him this animated. He was furious with Pardew when he encroached in his technical area trying to get Yaya sent off. It was the sort of reaction Mancini would have had, only it was from a man noted for being unruffled. I think he has a point to prove. A few things have obviously annoyed the fuck out of him. Not getting the recognition he deserved after winning the prem and league cup in his first season, taking most of the flak for last season, and being regarded as someone who is only keeping Pep's seat warm has obviously ignited the fire in his belly.
I like it, and the team are responding brilliantly. Shoving Pardew out of the way is not something you'd expect from him, but wasn't it great to see.

I notice that Pardew offered the hand of friendship afterwards. Must have thought to himself it wouldn't look good getting put on his arse from a faackin auld caant.

Pardew is another classical bully,all swinging arms and bluster,he is the kid in stone island gear bouncing on the pavement shouting ''Come on come on!!'' then on his toes when it kicks off.

I've said it many times before and I shall continue to say it............. I think Mr Pellegrini is absolutely brilliant. He is dignified and respectful but you can tell that (as Pardew found out today) inside there is a Superman waiting to be needed!!!

What are people's thoughts on his choice of playing 4-4-2 today? I think it helped us on the pitch when we were forced to sub aguero for de brunye. Seemed to dominate possession after this, particularly in the 2nd half. Personally I'd rather keep to 4-5-1 for the tough games and away fixtures and switch to 4-4-2 for certain home games.

Meh. I'm disappointed. If the guy who Pellegrini should never have picked (Nasri) hadn't taken that shot then the guy who Pellegrini would never pick (Kelechi) would never have scored, then he'd be fucked. If only we could all have Jose as our manager.

A wolf in sheep's clothing. Pardew found that out today. Loved Pelligrini's reaction. Get back in your spot and stop acting the ****. Yes sir was Pardew's response.

There was a lot of talk about the players being hurt, hungry and more than anything angry after being written off as also rans for this season. I think the same applies to Pellegrini, I can't remember seeing him this animated. He was furious with Pardew when he encroached in his technical area trying to get Yaya sent off. It was the sort of reaction Mancini would have had, only it was from a man noted for being unruffled. I think he has a point to prove. A few things have obviously annoyed the fuck out of him. Not getting the recognition he deserved after winning the prem and league cup in his first season, taking most of the flak for last season, and being regarded as someone who is only keeping Pep's seat warm has obviously ignited the fire in his belly.
I like it, and the team are responding brilliantly. Shoving Pardew out of the way is not something you'd expect from him, but wasn't it great to see.

100% Agee which is why the decision to extend his contract was not only correct from a purely football point of view, but just as if not more importantly from a moral point of view. The best decision txiki has made (and he's made some crackers)

Has delivered for us again. The moaning bastards need to have some faith in our manager as he knows what he's doing.

Can't wait for us to get our full team out as someone is going to be on the end of a 6/7-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.