Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a lot of talk about the players being hurt, hungry and more than anything angry after being written off as also rans for this season. I think the same applies to Pellegrini, I can't remember seeing him this animated. He was furious with Pardew when he encroached in his technical area trying to get Yaya sent off. It was the sort of reaction Mancini would have had, only it was from a man noted for being unruffled. I think he has a point to prove. A few things have obviously annoyed the fuck out of him. Not getting the recognition he deserved after winning the prem and league cup in his first season, taking most of the flak for last season, and being regarded as someone who is only keeping Pep's seat warm has obviously ignited the fire in his belly.
I like it, and the team are responding brilliantly. Shoving Pardew out of the way is not something you'd expect from him, but wasn't it great to see.

Pardew likes to pick his targets. Pellers showed him that he had not forgotten their little dust up last year and was not going to stand for it today. My mind goes back to last season when the Leicester manager Pearson would not let go of MacCarthy of Palace and would not let him back on the pitch, Pardew just stood and watched. Mind you I would not argue with Pearson.

There was a lot of talk about the players being hurt, hungry and more than anything angry after being written off as also rans for this season. I think the same applies to Pellegrini, I can't remember seeing him this animated. He was furious with Pardew when he encroached in his technical area trying to get Yaya sent off. It was the sort of reaction Mancini would have had, only it was from a man noted for being unruffled. I think he has a point to prove. A few things have obviously annoyed the fuck out of him. Not getting the recognition he deserved after winning the prem and league cup in his first season, taking most of the flak for last season, and being regarded as someone who is only keeping Pep's seat warm has obviously ignited the fire in his belly.
I like it, and the team are responding brilliantly. Shoving Pardew out of the way is not something you'd expect from him, but wasn't it great to see.

I like the fact that he didn't make a drama when Pardew called him a "fucking old ****" last season, but showed today that he's no soft touch either. Quietly calm, but assertive and aggressive when needed. Think he was pissed off about the challenge on Aguero, and understandably so.

I like the fact that he didn't make a drama when Pardew called him a "fucking old ****" last season, but showed today that he's no soft touch either. Quietly calm, but assertive and aggressive when needed. Think he was pissed off about the challenge on Aguero, and understandably so.

He might look like a walnut in a condom, but he is made of steel.

Pardew likes to pick his targets. Pellers showed him that he had not forgotten their little dust up last year and was not going to stand for it today. My mind goes back to last season when the Leicester manager Pearson would not let go of MacCarthy of Palace and would not let him back on the pitch, Pardew just stood and watched. Mind you I would not argue with Pearson.

Pardew shit himself when Pellers snapped. Good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.