Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be hard to put your energy into the club with all this talk of Pep coming next season.
I said before the season started,how motivated will Pellergrini be this season .
Pellergrini had two great jobs in City and Real Madrid .

I said before the season started,how motivated will Pellergrini be this season .
Pellergrini had two great jobs in City and Real Madrid .

He handled the situation pretty well at Madrid when he knew the special **** was coming in.

• The squad is vastly superior
  • The performances are better than that season
  • The results are better than that season
  • Our attacking record is better and defensive record is around the same
  • We have actually won more than 0 games in Europe this season
  • We have dropped points in less games than at this point in that season and the point tally is the same
  • The manager isn't getting photographed punching his players
  • We've gotten past the 3rd round of the League Cup
I think some of you lot are forgetting that season. By this point then we were out of the League Cup, effectively out of the Champions League, were 6 points already behind the rags and had just lost the home derby to them. We had Maicon as our backup right back, Kolo Toure as our backup defender when we weren't putting Javi Garcia there, attempted to play 3 at the back for the first 4 games and drew 3 of them, Balotelli kicking off, Edin Dzeko kicking off, Carlos Tevez kicking off, Joleon Lescott getting pushed out the door, Vincent Kompany and David Silva reportedly kicking off, Jack Rodwell and Scott Sinclair as genuine contenders for a place in our team and had lost out on almost every major transfer target we went for in the summer leading to the manager slagging off the board in a press conference, the board slagging of Mancini in the press then Mancini slagging off the press officer to a bunch of journalists.

The squad is superior yet performance wise we're doing shit and I won't be surprised if we had more points at this stage in 12/13 season than we do now

Champions league we had dortmund who went to the final and madrid ffs!

We had the best defensive record in the league

We have demichelis and fernando

I'm pretty sure kompany and pellers had a bit of a disagreement this season

Indeed!

The unpredictability and the drama. It's what is so great about football.

Only Wenger been at his club longer than Pelle now....

Pelle, Hughes and Martinez took over new jobs for start of 13/14 and with Wenger are the longest serving managers in the Premier

As I said earlier Pellers is a decent manager. Not always solution to sack a manager. I hope we keep him..

Facts:

Premier League, leading points per game - managers....

Jose Mourinho 2.19
Sir Alex Ferguson 2.16
Manual Pellegrini 2.14
Carlo Ancelotti 2.07
Roberto Mancini 2.05
Arsene Wenger 1.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.