Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost the dressing room and the backing of his captain last season, and was rewarded with a contract extension by our chairman.

More harm than good sacking now unless we can persuade Ancelotti immediately. I say wait out but another wasted season under a toothless manager with outdated tactics and backroom staff.

There is more trouble within our dressing room than people realise.

Does he feel any shame for the way he's destroying this team? Never mind the sack, he should resign as he's clearly taken us as far as he can.

I wouldn't sack him without a manager to replace him obviously but at the minute if there was I would in a heartbeat. He is starting to cost us games now because it is clear they just do not work on what will work best against the opposition. We know exactly why we lost against Liverpool yet we played the exact same style, the exact same way and it didn't work again, no doubt it will be the same next week.

We know MDM is slow, we know Fernando is slow yet we are playing a high line?! When your defence is on it's arse why hasn't he clicked and said okay let's change things to defend well today because 0-0 is better than 2-0 or 4-1, why are we starting with a completely ineffective Sterling when we could have extra protection with Delph on the pitch instead. That mentality to calm things down and start again from the defence and up just isn't in his brain at all and it needs to be.

We are so incredibly lucky to have players like Aguero and Silva, but it seems like we are waiting until their careers are nearly over before we have a manager that can elevate us to the elite level. We're wasting this squad with this clown.

Agree entirely with this.

He's holding us back and how the owners have persisted with him for so long baffles me. He doesn't seem able to motivate, organise or show any ounce of passion when we're in the shit. You can't invest so much in a club, not even from the players but as a club and have a manager like Pellegrini at the helm.

Stubborn, tired old selections have cost us countless times this season to the point where I actually don't even think he gives a toss.

His selection of Fernando and his lack of urgency today when we could all see how it would unfold after 10 minutes was frustrating beyond belief and then his subs, well that was the the final straw for me.

He should have gone in the summer, now we're in a position where we have a clueless manager in charge mid season, and no real options to change.

Shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.