Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Damocles said:
carlosthejackal said:
Damocles said:
What are you basing this off of?

Txiki Begiristain is the Head of the Football Department at the club. If he isn't involved in team affairs then he isn't doing his job.
Maybe we should give him the job

I'm not sure he fancies a demotion.

So anyway, what are you basing the above off of?
As I said I might be wrong, but the perception given out is we are aiming to model ourselves on Barcelona, sadly we are lacking in enough world class players and a work ethic .

Damocles said:
mad zab said:
LoveCity said:
Pep isn't a yes-man either!

Just reading the Mirror site and McDonnell has a different spin. A more exciting one, but probably bollocks. He says City want Pep to resign and join THIS summer, and if he doesn't they could turn to Klopp and Ancelotti. I like that scenario but the idea of Pep quitting Bayern for us this summer seems almost as farfetched as our chances of winning the league now.

Well with Bayern being 2-0 down he may not get the option to resign!

There's no way he gets sacked from Bayern. And no way he'd resign either with the stench of failure.

This one is the most far fetched of of all of the theories, outside of the "Sheikh Mansour is signing Klopp behind City's back" idea. Would be a shocking turn of events if it transpired.

Personally I get the feeling that he's quite happy over at Bayern, enjoys his time there and Bayern enjoy him being there.

I don't think he would either.

However, I am not certain Bayern would keep him if

a) He didn't win the CL
b) He refused to commit to a new contract

I believe they would be looking for some commitment from Pep on his long term future.

I don't follow this too closely, but what I don't get is this assumption that Pep will be city's manager, as long as we wait until next summer.

Why would he come to city at all? Money? No. Moving his family to Manchester to live? Untold spending potential? Not after FFP has fucked us? Having to rebuild an ageing team? Working with players who hang manager out to dry when chips are down?

Nah, can't see it myself. It's good for his ego and profile to be seen to have city chasing him round like a fit bird at school disco, but I don't get WHY he'd leave a genuine heavyweight for us.

I don't think Stan and Ollie are that big a deal for him to work with now either so that's not a reason.

Anyone able to explain.

Go for Klopp now I say. Young, hungry and capable of the rebuild required.

mancity1 said:
mad zab said:
LoveCity said:

Just reading the Mirror site and McDonnell has a different spin. A more exciting one, but probably bollocks. He says City want Pep to resign and join THIS summer, and if he doesn't they could turn to Klopp and Ancelotti. I like that scenario but the idea of Pep quitting Bayern for us this summer seems almost as farfetched as our chances of winning the league now.

Well with Bayern being 2-0 down he may not get the option to resign!

2-1 now but not winning the Chumps will only increase his chances of staying next year at Bayern IMO.

But the supporters can turn, same with us and Pellegrini.

Damocles said:
carlosthejackal said:
Damocles said:
What are you basing this off of?

Txiki Begiristain is the Head of the Football Department at the club. If he isn't involved in team affairs then he isn't doing his job.
Maybe we should give him the job

I'm not sure he fancies a demotion.

So anyway, what are you basing the above off of?
As I said I might be wrong, but the perception given out is we are aiming to model ourselves on Barcelona, sadly we are lacking in enough world class players and a work ethic .

sam-caddick said:
leech said:
Klopp will end up at Barcelona or Real Madrid this summer, sadly.

He's far too similar to Pep in terms of profile and longevity for us to be able to hire.

He said the next club he will manage has to be in a country that he can speak the language otherwise he can't coach is ideas.

For now that leaves out Spain.

Rules out Liverpool too.

OK, so Klopp is probably coming to England according to the BT Sports interview because only his English is good enough. Perhaps it should be remembered that most of the squad speak Spanish - including Hart and Milner (though how long Milner will be with us is a mute point). To my knowledge only Kompany speaks German well.

Klopp would be great, but perhaps Wenger is retiring?

BlueAnorak said:
OK, so Klopp is probably coming to England according to the BT Sports interview because only his English is good enough. Perhaps it should be remembered that most of the squad speak Spanish - including Hart and Milner (though how long Milner will be with us is a mute point). To my knowledge only Kompany speaks German well.

Klopp would be great, but perhaps Wenger is retiring?

Edin speaks German, as does MDM

LoveCity said:
carlosthejackal said:
Klopp ain't a yes man and that's what the two amigos want, so I doubt he will be showing up any time soon

*gulp*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.