Disgraceful press attacks on our owners, unbelievable

kismet

Our owners decide to finally appoint their man having backed Mark Hughes to the hilt with over 200Million and 400Million for the contracts. Mark Hughes himself has said he couldn't have had better backing.

They have met every pledge they made in terms of Carrington, the squad, the website, the communications etc etc and this will continue. Gordon Brown is happy with the 50 million extra in taxes from the wages the owners have granted at Eastlands. So today the British press derides them as -

The Express - The Desert Rats
Mail - Vultures
Mirror - Men with no class
Telegraph - Blue Murder
The Sun - Sparky bails out Sheikhs with his own money
The Times - Shambolic Club

Many of the papers have for months referred to our owners as " those Arabs". Only now are some of them referring to them by their rightful names, Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon al-Mubarak.

Why did the press for so long show such disdain and lack of respect in this way? Funny how they referred to all other owners of Premier clubs by their correct name, but not ours. I wonder why??

Over the weekend we had little coverage of serious accusations against Harry Redknapp and John Terry. Instead the press chooses to launch a disgraceful and unjustified attack on our owners. They have simply decided to make their first managerial appointment. Have the press got an agenda?

The owners continue to have mine and many other City fans total support. By the way I was one of Hughes biggest fans and have total respect for the man. However, the attacks on our owners are a national disgrace...

What I find almost unbelievable is that the press seem to have entrenched positions about our owners.

Is it racism at its base level, it makes me wonder?

And of course all this unfounded vitriol should mean that newspapers or certain reporters should be barred from the club until they end the personal attacks. But that wont happen as our owners have more class than the gutter press.

ip44t5.jpg

The paper won't know what to write if we start smashing everyone and Mancini get's us places.

Wouldn't suprise me if they started writing 'city were right to get rid of hughes'.

Couldn't agree more with original post. Fucking disgrace, the attitude of some people. These people basically saved us from going under and gave us keys to dreamland. If they want to change manager, they can do so as often as they as far as I'm concerned.

There are some fickle fucking fools about.

'a national disgrace' ??!!

Nah - that's gordon Brown and his so-called government.

Make a complaint to the Commission for Racial Equality (I think it might be called something different these days) about the xenophobic/racist language used by the papers. That kind of mud sticks, and is taken seriously, and I can guarantee they'll trip over themselves not to do it again.....

I might grass them up myself actually, just for the lulz and to stir it if nothing else....gonna spend some time pouring from those articles and composing an email muahahaha

edit: maybe the Press Complaints Commission would be a better idea...

Interesting how they papers were slating Hughes for his underperforming, but as soon as he is sacked, he is their best mate.

fbloke you make a good point and it makes me wonder if there is something in there.........

The top sports editor at the Mirror even referred to them as the Arabs from Dubai, they couldn't even locate the correct Emirate........

As a City fan for decades they have my total support.....

Wasn't it these that were criticising our performances and players. They do it to make headlines, and should be ashamed of themselves. Many papers complained about hughes, as many of them were posted on here, yet now he is the best thing since sliced bread too them.

I'm sure our owners know its just for head lines, and i hope they take it with a pinch of salt, and when we win the league, refuse too give interviews refuse all of them.

Lets jot them down in our little black books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.