Disillusioned with Football £££

Is anybody else feeling completely disillusioned with the way football is at the moment?

If I'm honest, it isn't going to stop me watching it, or being a fan - but I think the money involved is just totally unacceptable. Especially when you consider what is happening in the real-world that we all live in (mortgages/rent shooting up, people can't afford food or heating, people living on the street).

The money footballers receive has been daft for a long time. £10,000 a week, then turned into £100,000 a week, which has then turned into £200,000 - £300,000 a week becoming the norm for a top players salary (this is before their contracts with Nike/Adidas etc). But now (though he is unlikely to go there) Mbappe has been offered £1.9m A DAY, to go and play in Saudi Arabia! £58m a month! It is just not right, and they shouldn't be allowed to even offer it. If the Saudi's have that sort of money available to just give away, why aren't they doing something good with it in the world!? Instead of giving it a footballer. All they are paying for is his name and image - at £1.9m a day, where is the incentive for him to actually play well?

Transfer fees don't bother me too much (though they are ridiculous too) but at least they stay in the football system for a while and the money gets passed down to the lower leagues eventually. But, I guess it still ends up in the players pockets in the end!

I went to watch Manchester Giants Basketball last year, and couldn't believe how good the players were after the game. Kids were allowed onto the court to have their photo taken with the players - who were more than happy to hang around and do so. In football, the players are ushered off by Security and you have to hang around for 1-2 hours after a game if you wanted to see them, and even then there is a barrier and security - and the best you can do is wave at them.

I even had to unfollow all the City players on Instagram over the last few weeks as I couldn't bear to look at the photos and videos they posted of them hiring luxury yachts for a week, or staying in huge Villas without a care in the world for how much it actually costs - whilst I'm sat at home getting anxious about my mortgage going up a few hundred quid a month.

I know I'm ranting - and I completely appreciate that for them to earn this amount of money they also have to train and work very hard, and accept being scrutinised by thousands of people every week, and have very little privacy when they step out of their house etc. But, I still don't think this warrants the amount of money they receive.

I'm also probably jealous, and obviously wouldn't turn it down if it was offered to me - but I would certainly give away/do some good with a large part of it, because lets be honest, who really needs that much money per week? I'd give my right bollock to get £100k a year!
F1 Drivers,Golfers,Adele etc.

Francis Lee predicted that footballers would become the new film stars as far back as 1972.

Market dynamics !!

The money is obscene without a doubt but it's just symptomatic of a wider socioeconomic disparity for which thus far no political or philosophical panacea exists.
Most footie fans neither care nor are able to influence the financial direction of the sport.
Evolution reacts to change and adapts accordingly and football, for better or for worse is no exception.
Some of my fondest memories were during the lean years stood at the back of the Kippax or on the road to shitholes in far flung corners on a Wednesday night but the last 10/12 years have made those sacrifices all the more worthwhile. Perhaps there will be a point when I no longer get the buzz and will watch more impassively in a cosy armchair with a nice glass of malt but as of now I'd quite like a few more years of boiling piss from our detractors.. just to rub it in ..

The Saudi stuff will force the ESL to happen and then the game as we know it will be absolutely fucked.
This could lead to a pan MENA League or a version thereof.

We have a Premier League Summer Cup currently being played in yank land.

The PL is taking oyer the FAC.

I f you join the dots and pull the threads together there won't be too many surprises.

Is anybody else feeling completely disillusioned with the way football is at the moment?

If I'm honest, it isn't going to stop me watching it, or being a fan - but I think the money involved is just totally unacceptable. Especially when you consider what is happening in the real-world that we all live in (mortgages/rent shooting up, people can't afford food or heating, people living on the street).

The money footballers receive has been daft for a long time. £10,000 a week, then turned into £100,000 a week, which has then turned into £200,000 - £300,000 a week becoming the norm for a top players salary (this is before their contracts with Nike/Adidas etc). But now (though he is unlikely to go there) Mbappe has been offered £1.9m A DAY, to go and play in Saudi Arabia! £58m a month! It is just not right, and they shouldn't be allowed to even offer it. If the Saudi's have that sort of money available to just give away, why aren't they doing something good with it in the world!? Instead of giving it a footballer. All they are paying for is his name and image - at £1.9m a day, where is the incentive for him to actually play well?

Transfer fees don't bother me too much (though they are ridiculous too) but at least they stay in the football system for a while and the money gets passed down to the lower leagues eventually. But, I guess it still ends up in the players pockets in the end!

I went to watch Manchester Giants Basketball last year, and couldn't believe how good the players were after the game. Kids were allowed onto the court to have their photo taken with the players - who were more than happy to hang around and do so. In football, the players are ushered off by Security and you have to hang around for 1-2 hours after a game if you wanted to see them, and even then there is a barrier and security - and the best you can do is wave at them.

I even had to unfollow all the City players on Instagram over the last few weeks as I couldn't bear to look at the photos and videos they posted of them hiring luxury yachts for a week, or staying in huge Villas without a care in the world for how much it actually costs - whilst I'm sat at home getting anxious about my mortgage going up a few hundred quid a month.

I know I'm ranting - and I completely appreciate that for them to earn this amount of money they also have to train and work very hard, and accept being scrutinised by thousands of people every week, and have very little privacy when they step out of their house etc. But, I still don't think this warrants the amount of money they receive.

I'm also probably jealous, and obviously wouldn't turn it down if it was offered to me - but I would certainly give away/do some good with a large part of it, because lets be honest, who really needs that much money per week? I'd give my right bollock to get £100k a year!
Players haven't been worth what they are paid for many years now, same with other occupations tbh. If the money didn't go to them it wouldn't be spread around the needy though.

There are a lot of stupidly rich people in this world and no one is changing it. Just don't fawn over them like a lot of the twatterati or instagoons do.

Let's look at our own club.
Real Madrid. Fuck loyalty, pay £35 for membership and you buy a ticket at the same time.
Season ticket. Who cares that you have been to every game home and away for 20 years, because you are only a Gold member you are way down the pecking order now.

Greed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.