Disillusioned with Football £££

Yes I deliberately chose to.
We live in an age where everybody is a celebrity - if footballers earn as much as Hollywood stars so be it.
Where's the outcry when we see the likes of a bikini clad Margot Robbie diving off the back of a super yacht? ;)
It's all entertainment.
Today's players are far removed from society I agree. It's not their fault blame the insatiable appetite the scumbag British media have convinced the gullible masses that they really NEED - did they even WANT it in the first place?

It's the modern world and we aren't going to change it.

I actually snapped at my GLW the other day because she was banging on about some City players holiday pictures she was looking at on some shite website or other she's on.
You do make a valid point I totally agree but, I suppose as a FOC I am living in the here and now and still bouncing around after last season like a loon.

How do you know though that they're not doing good things away from the public glare? Mark Noble was often suspected of being a very humble and generous sole when he was playing as was Craig Bellamy - they didn't bang on about it.

I work with a neighbour of the young girl who is battling cancer and works at City - Pep, his family & the club have been extremely supportive.

Using your clubs PR machine to further your 'image' works for certain teams/players maybe the City lads prefer to do things under the radar - for instance Gundo visiting an old folks home on Charlestown Road hardly got any coverage outside of City.

Just one question though - if you won the lottery would you want publicity?
I know I wouldn't.
Dont know how true this is but its rumoured that Mark Noble gave all his wages from the last 3 yrs to charities in the east end.Apparently said i have more than enough money for the rest of my life.Good on him if true.

It’s not that I’m disillusioned (yet) - and to anyone saying ‘we’ve just won the treble’, this clearly isn’t about City being good at the moment, it’s about football in general - but I’m worried about where the sport is going.

The average family in Britain is struggling to afford simple things like school uniforms for their kids and even food. And I really feel for those who are being shafted with mortgage increases, some are having to lose their homes because they can’t afford those increases.

Yet all football clubs want to do is squeeze as much money out of us as they can. Football clubs do not give one shit about any of us or what anyone is going through economically. They’re spending £100m on players, paying them £350k/wk and want more money from fans in every possible way. The sport needs to calm the fuck down.

There are fans at all clubs who’ve been going for decades and been the lifeblood of our clubs before these owners and boardroom members around now were even born. But they don’t care. They labelled us ‘Legacy Fans’ for fuck’s sake. They might as well have called us ‘Previous Era Dickheads’, what a punch in the bollocks that label was!

Top football clubs earn enough money to allow fans to attend for free. I’m not saying that’s what they should do, but they don’t need our money, they could easily earn the few million they get from ticketing from elsewhere… for example, Düsseldorf organised sponsorship of their fans so they can attend for free. Loads of ideas could be brought forward so that long-standing and loyal, local core support of football clubs - traditionally working class and low income people - who live and breathe their clubs, aren’t just caste aside to get all those nobodies who’ll pay more coming from around the world to replace us.

And this isn’t about just City, it’s all clubs.

But specifically at City, seeing the amount of twats showing no emotion to any of our goals against Real Madrid for the CL semi was pathetic (although a few did get excited when Kroos hit the bar); while I had mates and family with either more loyalty points than me and family members who’d been going decades longer than I have, who missed out on tickets.

Look at City jumping at the chance to join the European Super League. Look at City increasing the price of tickets for 11 out of the last 13 seasons. Look at the price of matchday tickets for children at City. Worst of all, look at City’s response after what fans experienced in Istanbul!

City are just the same as everyone else - they don’t care about their core supporters. But City won’t be as good as we are now forever, the PL won’t be as big as it is now forever, and there will come a day when the boardroom sits down in a meeting and there will be a realisation and a conversation consisting of, ‘oh dear, we really should have looked after our Legacy Fans better back in the 2020s, we need them back now, how will we go about that?’.

But all clubs are the same. Can the average Cockney family afford tickets for Arsenal and Spurs? And the clubs don’t give a shit about them. All they care about is money and how they can maximise profits. Who they discard along the way is neither here nor there for them.
This ^^^

Dont know how true this is but its rumoured that Mark Noble gave all his wages from the last 3 yrs to charities in the east end.Apparently said i have more than enough money for the rest of my life.Good on him if true.

Not sure where you heard that.

An age where Kim Kardashian and her family members (what does she do again?) are billionaires. At least, Mbappe plays the best football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.