Distin off to Everton

It's hard to say anything good about distin. Truly a footballing mercenary and probably regretting his decision to leave us in last couple of years.

Deliberately ran his contract down, pompey was hardly a step up. Him and Gollum made for each other.

couldn agree more, moyes and distin deserve each other, only everton wont be paying the wages that pompey were paying, serves him right

blue ranger said:
It's hard to say anything good about distin. Truly a footballing mercenary and probably regretting his decision to leave us in last couple of years.

Deliberately ran his contract down, pompey was hardly a step up. Him and Gollum made for each other.

Tool.

So just ignoring the fact that he's a quality Premiership proven defender, a true proffessional and quiet loyal considering. If he wanted he could of left us long before he did, same with Pompy.
Oh, and I'd count it a step up as he gained a F.A cup winners medal at Pompy, more than he could of achieved here at the time.

Ribbed-In-You said:
fan446 said:
couldn agree more, moyes and distin deserve each other, only everton wont be paying the wages that pompey were paying, serves him right

Nice to see someone not motivated by money - City fan's nightmare!...

Everton fans eh... Just can't keep off our forum. Strange lot.

The Invisible_Man said:
blue ranger said:

Tool.

So just ignoring the fact that he's a quality Premiership proven defender, a true proffessional and quiet loyal considering. If he wanted he could of left us long before he did, same with Pompy.
Oh, and I'd count it a step up as he gained a F.A cup winners medal at Pompy, more than he could of achieved here at the time.

He was a decent player but he did leave for money. city offered him a new contract several times, the real fans new he had decided to run his contract down. For gods sake pompey didn't even have a training ground.you mention he could have left earlier, who did we turn down bids from?

A good professional you call him. Asking to leave pompey a week after being made captain.

Its a shame you cldnt make your point without juvenile name calling, but I suppose that's the way things on here gone.

blue ranger said:
The Invisible_Man said:
Tool.

He was a decent player but he did leave for money. city offered him a new contract several times, the real fans new he had decided to run his contract down. For gods sake pompey didn't even have a training ground.you mention he could have left earlier, who did we turn down bids from?

A good professional you call him. Asking to leave pompey a week after being made captain.

Its a shame you cldnt make your point without juvenile name calling, but I suppose that's the way things on here gone.
That's 3 clubs from whom he's left in controversial circumstances.

He'll be 32 in December so a short term signing by Moyes, but he can cover Baines at left back, and also fill Lescott's hole in central defence. He's an average central defender who I don't think has played International football despite playing most of his club career in the Premiership. His pace is his asset, but he does not read the game as well as Dunne, and his passing is poor.

If I were Everton I'd be reasonably happy with the signing - but it is a short term one. I can't see him playing at the top level for more than 2 seasons. Once his pace goes his game will be destroyed

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_5519951,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 51,00.html</a>

Done for £5,300,000.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Looking good for us at weekend! Their back 4 at pompey is gonna be shot to pieces

Yup... we put 6 past them at home last season, with their squad now we could manage the same number away!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.