Ditch Viagogo Petition

Shirley said:
manchester blue said:
Sold my Hull tickets as I am on holiday. Went in less than 24 hours at less than face value so someone grabbed a deal and I got £43 coming ny way on day of game. Happy with service and set up so won't be signing it.

I am trying to come to a conclusion but need to really understand what is going on here.

You received £43 for one ticket?
How much profit or loss does that work out at considering it as a season ticket equally divided by 19 games?

Sorry Shirley, should have been more specific. £43 for two, 1xadult, 1xjnr. I put them on as cheap as the site would allow so they would sell and someone would get a good deal. I sold at 90% face value, I think, which is the lowest you can go.

manchester blue said:
Sold my Hull tickets as I am on holiday. Went in less than 24 hours at less than face value so someone grabbed a deal and I got £43 coming ny way on day of game. Happy with service and set up so won't be signing it.
Chances are though , that somebody didn t get a good deal.
Viagogo wont be selling your ticket at the price they gave you now will they?
I d much rather sell it on here , at leas then I know it s going to a blue and I ll get to meet them.

The concept is good - season ticket holders that can't go can sell their seat knowing that it will go only to another Blue as generally you have to be a member to buy. You can also buy a seat in lots of different blocks, which means that if you have a mate who you want to come to a game then you can generally find him/her a seat pretty near your own seat. That's a bonus cos you can have beers together rather than them sitting up in the gods.

There are issues though. They do take too big a cut. Yes it has to be profitable for a company to run it, but does it need to be that profitable? And the booking engine is weak compared to other engines like it. It has various bugs that still haven't been ironed out that sometimes can be the difference between getting a ticket and not.

The icing on the issues cake is this idea that they get an allocation of tickets to sell ahead of members. I can see the logic in making a deal with a partner company to get an allocation of tickets, but not to the detriment of Blue members that have got loyalty points and should be able to buy until there are no seats left.

asgoodasitgets said:
manchester blue said:
Chances are though , that somebody didn t get a good deal.
Viagogo wont be selling your ticket at the price they gave you now will they?
I d much rather sell it on here , at leas then I know it s going to a blue and I ll get to meet them.

I wont be able to meet anyone as I wont be around and with this I don't have to hand my tickets over to a stranger and have the hassle of getting them back. I think the buyer pays around £47 which is still cheaper. Viagogo is a business so of course they add a charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.