Ditching Sky

HD channels are unavailable - except for the free to air ones. So SD for all the other sports and movie channels. Also it's not streaming so you won't get buffering etc like you could with a stream.
The HD channels are availble on the Zgemma h2.h as it uses VM cable rather than Sky the only downside is you can only record what you are watching on these. The H2.s allows you to record 1 different channel to the 1 you are watching

If you're gonna get a zgemma 2 star box and a subscription....DO NOT buy a "gift" online as the chances are, when it goes down it will be gone.

Look for a seller that maintains their servers and you can actually speak to.

Rough prices

£65 z Gemma box in Stockport
£15-£25 for the subscription
Then either pay someone to set it up for you or follow a guide ok techkings

If you want pointing in the right direction drop me a post

i really need to sort mine out, i'm currently paying £120 per month to Sky, and its only because its convenient and easy to use. I am a technophobe so need to do some reading

I've just signed up to dazn.com
€9.99 a month HD streaming service with PL, Bundesliga, La Liga, etc. Only games it doesn't have are CL games. I've always avoided subscription football but got fed up last season with buffering and shit streams. Can cancel at any time so I'll give it a go for a couple of months.

as far as i am aware you can watch 1 record another. you would struggle i think to record two at once due to the save path being the same. In all honesty i have not tried. my zgemma has the cable / sat tuner and i have yet to plumb the cable side in yet.

You need 2 tuners. 1 to watch 1 to record. No way can you record more than 1 channel.
Unless some guru knows how to split tuners/signals.

Sorry. Meant to add, on the Zgemma.

Aye that's the one i've got . 1 for satellite and 1 for cable. You then set up the recorder to where you need to store/download.
But it can only store the 1 incoming channel, be that satellite or cable.

I think you probably need to invest a bit more. Zgemma really are the budget end of the market (less bells and whistles but still good at what they do)

Heard a few guys use gigablue boxs with 4 tuners. overkill for me, with IPTV and KODI and C/S dual tuner, but each to his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.