Ditching Sky

That's not a bad deal if you can con convince them into giving it again. I have Boxsets on an HD+ box with unlimited ADSL(18.5Mbps download so god enough for us) and phone line at £31.50 although I got a £50 credit so works out at around £30.50 a month. (could have sworn it works out at £27 odd for some reason, hmm)
Does that include the sports/films as well? If so, that's an absolute bargain. My concern is that I've got their top of the range equipment and they'll try fleece me.

Cable service?

TV's up there are still in cabinets and have valves.
More than likely, but Rammy had cable TV in the sixties/seventies. The town can't pick up a signal from Winter Hill so the Rediffusion shop used to get the signal then retransmit it using underground cabling. We used to be able to get the Welsh ITV for some reason.

Does that include the sports/films as well? If so, that's an absolute bargain. My concern is that I've got their top of the range equipment and they'll try fleece me.
No unfortunately, no Movies or Sports for us.

Make sure you know what you can get via Virgin or BT before you talk to them, the fact that you have telephone/BB with Virgin won't help your cause that said but scheduling a cancellation should get you a 60% discount (don't know what your full price is but 'Your Sky' will tell you).

Does any one have Talk Talk ? Seen an offer for TV pone + broadband with option to add monthly channels for £30 per month.

Was wondering what the service is like etc.
With BT at present and intend on going to a open box so just want broadband realy but this seems a good cheap deal.

Last edited:
Does any one have Talk Talk ? Seen an offer for TV pone + broadband with option to add monthly channels for £30 per month.

With BT at present and intend on going to a open box so just want broadband realy but this seems a good cheap deal.

Dont do it. Was with them. Had my personal details leaked out due to the hacking scandal last year.

Sh*t service, and sh*t broadband. Don't touch em.

Worst of the lot, I was with them many moons ago. The Mrs sorts the bills and I thought what we were paying was to much. I was right for 11 months I had been paying for a set top box and their glorified free view which I never even had. They blatantly refused to refund me saying they had sent one to me. In the end they agreed to terminate a 24 month contract a year early but no refund. I could have took it further but was just glad to be out if the contract.

Cancelled sky this morning, within 5 mins I logged onto Sky interactive and there was an offer for 60% off my sky bill for 12 months if I stay with them. That'll do.

Hi mate. Just done what you are doing but spoke to them first and they offered 50% off everything - line rental, broadband and tv. Told them I've got a 60% offer and they applied that to the tv only. Not sure if you have the internet through sky.

Hi mate. Just done what you are doing but spoke to them first and they offered 50% off everything - line rental, broadband and tv. Told them I've got a 60% offer and they applied that to the tv only. Not sure if you have the internet through sky.
I don't have internet with them, just sky bundles. Wish I'd done it sooner now and I've been reading this thread for ages! Use to pay £80 now i only pay £32 a month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.