Ditching Sky

These zgemma boxes do they have a hard drive installed on them for recordings or do you have to connect a external one

Phoned up to get my dad a new deal he currently pays £65 without the movies they offered it me for £55, I pointed out he'd had sky since 1989 and that new customers can get everything for £30 a month for 12 months. They just couldn't do anything I pointed out about kodi and I think they know this is causing lots to cancel.
I'm going to cancel it and probably get the new customer deal at my house then take the box to his, he's getting on a bit and trying to get him using kodi is a pain I've tried, sky does everything he wants in one box unfortunately he's so used to it. I cancelled years ago and never looked back I rarely watch live tv anyway and with catchup and kodi I've saved a fortune.
If you go as far as actually cancelling for him,they wii offer you half price to return.Normally they do this immediately and for around a month.

These zgemma boxes do they have a hard drive installed on them for recordings or do you have to connect a external one
You need to connect an external USB device be it a USB stick or external hard drive. Also the drive needs to be formatted in EXT3 - some certain software builds will do this for you. I ordered a Zgemma (without build already applied) about 3 weeks ago and was up and running in just over an hour.

My only gripe thus far is missing subscription HD channels - you do really notice the difference in quality but then I think of the £80 per month I'm saving!

If you go as far as actually cancelling for him,they wii offer you half price to return.Normally they do this immediately and for around a month.

They will they've been sending me stuff for over a year. 50%, 60% off, free tv , new box. Still not bit.

@talkativesprout how many channels can you record at once on the h.2s as I've seen a video on youtube of 1 guy recording 8. Is this bull or is it possible?

If you buy a Zgemma that is plug and play you will have issues with it at some point, it might be 6-12-24months down the line but at some point you will have an issue....
I bought one from a supplier plug and play with line included, it was great but then the issues started with line problems, software updates etc....so my advise is to learn about the boxes how they work and sign up to a couple of the forums (be prepared for a lot of reading)that are out there as many of the members on these forums are very helpful and every issue that an or has come up the remedy can be found on these forums

After purchasing the 1st zgemma I bought a further two direct from Zgemma (£75.00/ box instead of £170 fully loaded) and with the help of the forums out there I was able to load them with a sly TV skin so they operate just like sky...I purchased a multi room sub and loaded the lines onto the boxes and can regularly update the software as required...I was able to format the external hard drive (which is essential) for pause and record install the line and if I say so myself I am now a dab hand with most issues that crop up

What I will say is don't believe that you will receive ur zgemma and all will be plain sailing it won't but it's like everything put the effort in to understand what you have and it can be rewarding especially when ur saving £1200 a year on a sky sub

@talkativesprout how many channels can you record at once on the h.2s as I've seen a video on youtube of 1 guy recording 8. Is this bull or is it possible?
It is possible to record multiple channels as the H2s has two tuners so you can record one thing and watch another....
Recording multiple channels is possible but (I'm not 100% on this) it is I think something to do with frequencies and weather the channels you are recording are on the horizontal and verticle transponders....basically it's like ITV1, ITV3, ITV4, ITVb (don't know if these are all together just an example) etc as there all bundeled together by sky or whoever so the zgemma allows these as there coming down the same signal if you like to be recorded together on one tuner....so wouldn't surprise me if there were 8 channels linked together you could record them all together....by the way you can't do it on the sky channels just random ones

as far as i am aware you can watch 1 record another. you would struggle i think to record two at once due to the save path being the same. In all honesty i have not tried. my zgemma has the cable / sat tuner and i have yet to plumb the cable side in yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.