Divided opinions on comedy

tommyducks

Some comedians/shows really divide opinions.

For instance, Gavin and Stacey. The missus loves it, I hate it.

Michael McIntyre. I think he's a smug unfunny tw@t but his DVD is number one.

Lee Evans. Again I can't stand the bloke but he's very popular.

tommyducks said:

Isn't every comedian like this?

I like Al Murray.The Missus likes that fat unfunny iranian bloke.

BimboBob said:
tommyducks said:

Isn't every comedian like this?

I like Al Murray.The Missus likes that fat unfunny iranian bloke.
Omid Djalili. See, I like him, but not fussed about Al Murray.

Yeah , personally i don't really think any of the present day comedians can hold a light to those of yesteryear ...... people like Tommy Cooper had only to appear to have everyone burstin' out laughing , didn't even have to speak!

Bernard Manning was a top comic in my eyes , although definetely not too everyones taste ........ and the Two Ronnies was exeptional comedy.

I do like some american sit-coms ...... in my opinion Frasier , king of Queens , Cheers re-runs etc , are all well worth watching ...... i don't however watch any present day english sit-coms , other than the repeats of Rising Damp , Only Fools and Horses , Open all Hours , On the Buses , Royle Family , etc

The missus however doesn't , on the face of it , really appear to have much of a sense of humour .... she never really watches much comedy , and prefers extremely dated black and white films instead ....... although she has confessed to thinkin' that Mcintyre bloke was 'alright'!

Dara Ó Briain is top quality. His act on "Live at the Apollo" had me in tears. But even as a guest on shows such as QI he's quite brilliant.

In terms of sitcoms I think Blackadder is the best there has ever been but I'm sure many will disagree. I've never been a fan of Only Fools and Horses but most people I know love it. All the Alan Partridge series' are brilliant in my book too, but a lot don't seem to like them. But on the other hand I don't rate Coogan's stand up routine.

As for stand up I currently like Stephen K Amos and Dara O'Briain. Mcintyre is an annoying pompous little twat though I've got to agree with the majority there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.