Divided opinions on comedy

Dale Blue said:
I think that the "PC" brigade have killed comedy in this country. You cant offend any one anymore.

Saying that there is a new comedy on C4 tonight that pokes fun at the disabled!

Looks worth a watch off the trailers!

For me a the mo Family Guy is the best thing on TV.

Gervais live is THE worst comedian I've ever seen. Truly awful

I couldn't disagree with that sentence more.

If you're going about stand-up by trying to offend, you're in the wrong job. Stand-ups should be setting out to be funny, nothing else - whether they are offensive with that is up to them. If a comedian begins by trying to offend, then they're not going to get very far in the business.

I find it ironic that you blame this "PC brigade", which is often talked about in the Mail and other right-wing press outlets for stopping people from being able to discriminate against people, when it's papers like the Mail that encourage people to complain about jokes that those people have neither seen or heard in context.

Jethro...has anybody,apart from Jim Davidson, ever found this man remotely funny? I'm just curious as to whether it's me or not as the clown apparently shifts dvd's by the bucketload.

for me:
best: - Bill Bailey live- a musical and comedy genius, Rhod Gilbert, Vic & Bob,
tv shows-Fawlty..best ever, Python, fast show, Alan P, Scrubs, Curb, Boosh, shameless...+ loads more..!
But there's one show, not very well known, but Its poss the funniest thing ever....and yes, thats one hell of a statement! I'm pleading with everyone to see it..Trailer Park Boys...its a canadian "mockumentry" bout a bunch of weed smokin nutters, in a trailer park run by a crazy drunk ex copper and his gay sidekick who has a cheesburger obsession..its bin goin for 7 seasons and a few movies...I can't put into words how funny it is...

worst: chubby brown.. most overrated bag of shite ever, people think he's funny just cos they are told he is..., Jim Davidson obv,
Tv- little britain..overrated along with Gavin + Stacey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.