Divided opinions on comedy

ono said:
Lee Evans' brand of comedy seems to be very expressive, rather than well thought out. I don't really like it, although i know plenty who do.

Jason Manford is probably the best around at the minute.

Russell Brand is wank, Russell Howard is poor (ish), Frankie Boyle is alright(ish). Dara O-Brian is poor, Jimmy Carr is good,

Plenty of people who disagree with me here though i'm sure. Different strokes for different folkes.
Just another Peter Kay without a good TV show.

Banned Tosspot said:
aphex said:
i love chris morris but i dont like bill hicks

i love the smell of reeves and mortimer but i dont like little britain

there are both satirical and silly respectfully. its how its executed.
Reeves and Mortimer were excellent. Little Britain is awful.

Bill Hicks is about as comedic as a skid mark.

correct. bill hicks was just to bitter to be funny.

see, i feel like the odd one out when i say i dont find peter kay live funny. i think his stand up is shite but having said that i really liked phoenix nights and thought britains got the pop factor was an amusing idea.

davymcfc said:
see, i feel like the odd one out when i say i dont find peter kay live funny. i think his stand up is shite but having said that i really liked phoenix nights and thought britains got the pop factor was an amusing idea.

Same can be said for Ricky Gervais.
"The Office" and "Extras" are both superb. In stand up or just being interviewed he's piss poor, which can only mean it's his co writer who's the talented one.

NQT said:
davymcfc said:

"The Office" and "Extras" are both superb. In stand up or just being interviewed he's piss poor, which can only mean it's his co writer who's the talented one.

I find Gervais funny in stand up.Don't get the Office or Extras.

NQT said:
davymcfc said:

i like gervais. his stand up isnt the best but if you listen to his podcasts you will find that the comic gem is actually karl pilkington.

aphex said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Reeves and Mortimer were excellent. Little Britain is awful.

Bill Hicks is about as comedic as a skid mark.

correct. bill hicks was just to bitter to be funny.

The Bill Hicks police will be out to tell you he is the greatest shortly.
Just watched McIntyre and Johnny Vegas dvds yesterday.Both had plenty of lol moments.McIntyre gets a lot of real life subjects spot on.I would say it is his voice that puts people off more than his routine.Vegas just tries to upset as many people in the audience as possible.
Still say Billy Connolly is the best the Uk has produced.

im probably in the minority but i just dont find Peter Kay funny. His live stand up jokes have never made me laugh, they all seem to be christmas cracker jokes aimed at the granny.

All Murry, the 1st half of his shows are great, when he rips the crowd, 2nd half i find not as good.

Not as famour over here but i find Steve Wright (american comedian) John Pinette funny (youtube them).

TV Shows:
Sienfeld, Frasier, King and Queens, Everybody loves Raymond, Cheers, Modern Life, Curb Your Enthusiasm are ones i enjoy and my favourate is Have i Got news for You. Some of that show is better than others, all depends on guest host and guests. The one Brian Blessed did was brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.