Division One Champions 2001/2002

Travelled all the way down from Scotland that day without a ticket and with 5 mins to kick off i was still ticketless, until some lad asked if i was looking for a spare. He had lost his season ticket and City had sent him a ticket for the game, but then found his season ticket. I didn't have a seat and kind of wandered aimlessly til i squeezed my way in to some seating in the North Stand. £40 well spent.

Billy City said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
North Stand lives on, God I hated the new Kippax, out of place, lost its soul, remember those days walking up the old kippax stairs or through the tunnels, it was never the same.
My fav part in the ground always stood just above the tunnels great days.

Level with 1/2-way line and 1/2 way up, brilliant view and best stand ever! The banter was always something to behold in there, especialy when the Scum came and were kept in that pen in the corner!

Remember us winning 2 or even 3 games where we had 10 men for most of the game?

Was it Norwich and Millwall? Can't remember.

Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah it was, vs Millwall it was Benarbia after about 8 mins and vs Norwich was Tiatto after about 10 I think (who was sent off by the 4th official if I remember right), and we played them both off the park!

And it was the season that Christian Negouai scored his 'hand of God' goal vs Rotherham!

Ricster said:
Travelled all the way down from Scotland that day without a ticket and with 5 mins to kick off i was still ticketless, until some lad asked if i was looking for a spare. He had lost his season ticket and City had sent him a ticket for the game, but then found his season ticket. I didn't have a seat and kind of wandered aimlessly til i squeezed my way in to some seating in the North Stand. £40 well spent.

Sounds like a tout's story blag to cover himself from the law to me,......but could be wrong!

Kennedy_probably_has said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah it was, vs Millwall it was Benarbia after about 8 mins and vs Norwich was Tiatto after about 10 I think (who was sent off by the 4th official if I remember right), and we played them both off the park!

And it was the season that Christian Negouai scored his 'hand of God' goal vs Rotherham!
Wasn't that the original "bottle kicking" episode (long before Wenger)? Think he also threatened to chin someone on the Naarwich bench as well!!

Great memories. Again like most I was amazed at the attractiveness of the way we played with Ali B and Berkovic and The Goat's finishing was superb. I was also going to mention the wins whilst playing with 10 men but it has been done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.