Do Aliens actually exist ?

Aliens definitely do exist but the vast distances in space makes it more or less impossible that they’ve ever visited earth

Alien life could well exist...but will it have evolved into intelligent life? We don't know what the chances are, as we only know of life on Earth.
Yes correct Marklr. The scientists are pretty sure intelligent life only forms on planets like earth, excluding old Trafford are rare, and only occur over billions of years, of what they call being in the Goldilocks zone. But given the numbers there are probably many. Unless you believe in god ,pixies, tooth fairies etc.

I go with Brian Cox.
He reckons the requirements for life developing are so rare that it’s likely One planet with life beyond pond slime per galaxy.

Aliens definitely do exist but the vast distances in space makes it more or less impossible that they’ve ever visited earth
There is zero evidence for the existence of aliens, this is not rawk. The probability of alien life is overwhelming. unless you like the fermi paradox.

There is zero evidence for the existence of aliens, this is not rawk. The probability of alien life is overwhelming. unless you like the Fermi paradox
Why would you mention rawk you clown? They’ve found exoplanets with liquid water!

The universe is extremely old - some 13.7 billion years. And light travels at nearly instantaneous, but finite and fixed, speed (299,792,458 meters/second in a vacuum). And thus, the observable universe is unimaginably vast. Within the observable universe, there are an estimated 2 trillion or so galaxies, comprising 200 billion trillion stars, and among these stars, say 10^25 (1 followed by 25 zeros, or 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) planets and similarly many moons.

Among these 10^25 potentially observable planets - intelligent life seems all but certain.

And this is just the observable universe. Perhaps the universe extends - as many astrophysicists believe- without end. In which case there are an infinitude of planets among which intelligent life might exist - and thus, intelligent life, however unlikely, must be infinitely present.

And our universe might not be alone. There may exist infinitely many universes in numerous plausible but theoretical ways - the quantum many-worlds hypothesis for example.

It's hubris to think that we are the lone, singular intelligent species among all the rocky outcrops, moons and planets gravitationally bound - or possibly free-roaming - to all the stars present in all the galaxies in all the universes.
Well, for one thing, I think it's much easier to believe in aliens than to fully understand that post ;-)
So for the easy lazy life I will just stare at the sky, shout at the clouds and wait for our extra terrestrial pals to come down for a pint.

Last edited:
There are billions of galaxies, which equals billions of planets.
How many are too hot?
How many are too cold?
How many have no atmosphere?
How many have no water?
How many have no magnetosphere?
How many have no outer giants hoovering up major asteroid threats?
How many orbit a suitable star?
How many have the right conditions for life to start?
How many have sustained it beyond the first extinction event?
How many have evolved beyond slime?

Cox with all his knowledge reckons one per galaxy.

Your background is in?

Last edited:
Other life forms hmmmm I’d say yes,absolutely no way are we the only ones in the vastness of outer space and the hundreds if not thousands of galaxies..as for the distance involved in reaching earth, would I be silly in thinking they have technology way way way beyond our comprehension..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.