Do Chippys still sell milk

That is something I rarely here anyone talk about. I was brought up on steralised milk.God bless my mum & dad but that the tin bath outside toilet and no running hot water till I was 11 made me appreciate much more than others today. Sorry to go off the main subject but life really was tough back then and I do expect the monty python jokes to roll in!!!!!

...and would put steak pud, chips, peas and gravel in a glass bowl
sheesh that takes me back - I used to get sent for "4 sixes" and take a bowl with me, I'd be eight or maybe nine and the chippy was 100yds away. I'd get a penny drink while waiting too (dandelion and burdock) as nine times out of ten she'd only fry chips when you asked for them unless it was really busy. I think the chippy was called Dowds on Derker Street.

That is something I rarely here anyone talk about. I was brought up on steralised milk.God bless my mum & dad but that the tin bath outside toilet and no running hot water till I was 11 made me appreciate much more than others today. Sorry to go off the main subject but life really was tough back then and I do expect the monty python jokes to roll in!!!!!
Similar to me . my kids still only half believe we didn't have a bathroom !

Stera kept longer in the larder that was swarming with silverfish mate ;-)

Not sure but I know some butchers sold milk,eggs and so forth and obviously meat of course..

The reason why I put the thread up is that the wife rang me to ask if I fancied chippy, I said yes but asked her to get me a pint of milk instead of coke, she said chippys have never sold milk.

I don't know why I married her ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.