Do City have the best 'spine' in the game?

Gaylord du Bois said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm loving our times at present.

BUT, I think we don't want to get carried away with ourselves. Let's not forget who we are and where we come from.

A couple of draws or defeats and we will be out of a trophy race and out of contention in the Premiership and the hounds of hell in the media will be baying for blood.

Let's just stay focused and let people judge us by our performances on the pitch and our trophies at the end of the season.

We've won nothing yet.
Is there a better spine though? Or putting it another way ,Who's would you swap for ours?

Pantillimon, Lescott,Garcia ,Dzeko

Well I wouldn't swap ours. That doesn't necessarily mean we have the best though, just that I love our team too much! We're right up there though. It's hard to compare.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

BUT, I think we don't want to get carried away with ourselves. Let's not forget who we are and where we come from.

A couple of draws or defeats and we will be out of a trophy race and out of contention in the Premiership and the hounds of hell in the media will be baying for blood.

Let's just stay focused and let people judge us by our performances on the pitch and our trophies at the end of the season.

We've won nothing yet.
Is there a better spine though? Or putting it another way ,Who's would you swap for ours?

Pantillimon, Lescott,Garcia ,Dzeko
Well when you put it like that...

Gaylord du Bois said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:

I just think we need to wait till the end of the season before we judge that.

We're playing Barca soon and we haven't played any top European quality opposition with that spine yet.

Did that spine play in the game at Munich ? I can't remember but the consensus seems to be it was our second string. I'm not getting carried away with that result anyway as it turned on its own circumstances.

The game against Bayern at the Etihad was a humiliation. The spine played in that game I'm pretty sure.

Let's start lording it up with the "we've got the best spine" routine when we've got titls and trophies under our belts. That's all I'm saying.

Like I said I'm loving it like all blues. I just don't like to celebrate till the fat lady is giving it large and with full throttle.
Its a question not a statement of fact.

It is a question but my answer would be to wait till the end of the season and then judge which spine is the best.

Better or worse is measured by success and results. We can assess that better when we've played a few 'players' at the business end of the European game. We can't judge it now as the spine has only played Bayern at home and were soundly thrashed.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
I just think we need to wait till the end of the season before we judge that.

We're playing Barca soon and we haven't played any top European quality opposition with that spine yet.

Did that spine play in the game at Munich ? I can't remember but the consensus seems to be it was our second string. I'm not getting carried away with that result anyway as it turned on its own circumstances.

The game against Bayern at the Etihad was a humiliation. The spine played in that game I'm pretty sure.

Let's start lording it up with the "we've got the best spine" routine when we've got titls and trophies under our belts. That's all I'm saying.

Like I said I'm loving it like all blues. I just don't like to celebrate till the fat lady is giving it large and with full throttle.
Its a question not a statement of fact.

It is a question but my answer would be to wait till the end of the season and then judge which spine is the best.

Better or worse is measured by success and results. We can assess that better when we've played a few 'players' at the business end of the European game. We can't judge it now as the spine has only played Bayern at home and were soundly thrashed.
Chelsea best spine in Europe 2012.

CITYBOY1000 said:

We've won nothing yet.

+1

Kompany - yaya - Silva - Aguero.

Doesn't get that much better than that.

What great days we are witnessing.

For all you saying wait till we've won something. Why ? The question posed by the OP was do we have the best spine ?
Not he best spine that is going to win trophies. Even if we win everything it doesn't change the question, same as it doesn't change
if we win nothing. Also if we are comparing against a lot of European teams that we won't get to play, we're only talking opinion.
This is a forum for football OPINION.

Sorry, my opinion is, it's up there with the best and can only get better. Also needs all the vertebrae to keep fit
to be at our best.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
For all you saying wait till we've won something. Why ? The question posed by the OP was do we have the best spine ?
Not he best spine that is going to win trophies. Even if we win everything it doesn't change the question, same as it doesn't change
if we win nothing. Also if we are comparing against a lot of European teams that we won't get to play, we're only talking opinion.
This is a forum for football OPINION.

Sorry, my opinion is, it's up there with the best and can only get better. Also needs all the vertebrae to keep fit
to be at our best.

OK.

Fair point and well made prestonibbo.

So are you saying our spine is better than Barca's spine and that we are going to beat them ?

Nobody's going to quote you or hold you to it by the way. Nobody knows what the future holds. A match can turn on unexpected events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.