Do City have the best 'spine' in the game?

aguero93:20 said:
supercity88 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
They are the rocks are team is built around. Whilst spine means solidity to most people, in terms of the vertibrae of our spine, Silva is the most important.

You've got to be able to bend your back!
Have you seen this lot move round the pitch??! :)
seriously though, wouldn't swap them 6 for anyone.

Especially when you consider; Hart, 26; Kompany, 27; Fernandinho 28; Yaya 30; Silva 28; Aguero 25.

Got a good three seasons more together at least that spine!

Fernandinho is instrumental now. Arguably he is up there, maybe even overtaken, Yaya and as such should always be talked about in terms of the spine of the team.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm loving our times at present.

BUT, I think we don't want to get carried away with ourselves. Let's not forget who we are and where we come from.

A couple of draws or defeats and we will be out of a trophy race and out of contention in the Premiership and the hounds of hell in the media will be baying for blood.

Let's just stay focused and let people judge us by our performances on the pitch and our trophies at the end of the season.

We've won nothing yet.

I used to explain to Rag acquaintances that if they were gonna talk of a double, triple, or quadruple, it was always better to get the first one under their belt! Talk of the double when you have got the first; talk of the treble when you have a double. Those who talk of all three or four trophies before they have the first often end up with none!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm loving our times at present.

BUT, I think we don't want to get carried away with ourselves. Let's not forget who we are and where we come from.

A couple of draws or defeats and we will be out of a trophy race and out of contention in the Premiership and the hounds of hell in the media will be baying for blood.

Let's just stay focused and let people judge us by our performances on the pitch and our trophies at the end of the season.

We've won nothing yet.

I used to explain to Rag acquaintances that if they were gonna talk of a double, triple, or quadruple, it was always better to get the first one under their belt! Talk of the double when you have got the first; talk of the treble when you have a double. Those who talk of all three or four trophies before they have the first often end up with none!
What fans talk about at work or in the pub has no impact on how many trophies we win. I'm pretty sure about that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.