Do diferent jobs make you more tolerant to pain or safety?

Spent 10 years as a chef in a previous live and could quite easily take meat and veggies out of boiling water or stock by hand. I drew the line once at removing cooked beef joints from the oven with a damp tea towel, the pain was excrutiating and the beef joints went skating across the work surface and straight out of the window, 23 storeys up. I think it's a mind over matter thought process.
We've all been there, wet oven cloth, then the gastonorm launched across the kitchen as the molten heat seeps through the cloth.

a few flicks of the hand to imaginary dispell the heat, several fuck fuck fucks and carry on regardless, spitting oil wiped off the face another of my favourites as the red spots from the burns appear hrs later.

It is a lot of mind over matter and similar to muscle mwmory, the more it happens the less you notice.

only one ever really bothered me is hot liquid spilling between finger and thumb, god that fucking hurts.

Yeah as a joiner I see injuries as part of the job, I'd have to sever an artery or lose a finger before I'd go to hospital.
Shrugged this off last year..
DSC_0628~2.JPG
Just a chainsaw inflicted flesh wound..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.