Do diferent jobs make you more tolerant to pain or safety?

How did you know it was there for a year . Did it have a date on it ;>
I got it carbon dated.
I remember when it happened taking a window frame out, bit of glass was still in the rebate and it stuck into my palm and gave me a nasty cut. For ages afterwards I kept getting a sharp pain if I carried bags etc, didn't know there was glass in there till a year later when it emerged. Quite a big bit too, bout a 5mm triangle shape.

After 40 years in the building trade & 50 years riding a motorbike I consider myself very lucky to still be in one piece & reasonably healthy :-)
(although I still scream like a little girl if wasps get to close!)

Just mentioned it on my gilet thread but being a chef the old asbestos finger guff rings true.

I have been sliced, skewered, burnt, steamed etc hundreds of time in the last 30 years and my tolerance to heat and cold (stock taking/preping in freezees for up to an hr at a time) seems to be more than those not in that trade, even today I picked up a heated plate like nowt gave it to the customer who bearly dropped it as too hot

also I have worked with people who needed to walk the edges of buildings or hang off balconies unharnessed.

So does your job change your tollerance/adaptability to thing others would feel pain/fear doing
This morning i have stuck a tiny screwdriver in my finger, small cut in my thumb and scoured my knuckles on 80 grit band scourer. Standard stuff for me and didnt hurt one bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.