Do we need a big star signing?

forevermancity

Am I alone in preferring us to just buy 2 unknown possible hidden gems instead of 2 big signings?

A young Brazilian winger and an eastern european central defender will do me to make the squad more competitive with Mancini citing that Suarez, rekik, razak and guidetti are to have a more prominent role in the squad.

Depends how fast the club wants the champions league. The squad we have now isn't stron enough and you can't gamble with central defenders or you get Savic. We only need 2 players but they need to be quality.

e need to improve the squad if we want an assault on the CL. thats doesn't mean a big name it means anyone who will give us more options and cover.

Who would you class as a big name signing?

Sinclair - probably not
Agger - maybe
DDR - more than likely

Agger would certainly improve our squad IMO
DDR - Guaranteed he would stregthen it.
Sinclair - He is young as Mancini would say, not sure

Should we pay 27m for Agger when maybe there are alternatives who could do a similar job for less (having said that I don't know too many left footed central defenders)

Should we pay over 30m for DDR - but you get what you pay for?

Should we take a risk on 8m for an unknown quantity?

The transfer madness is in the final couple of weeks for once I am very chilled out, and before anyone starts flapping, how many players have Barca signed or Real Madrid? Maybe we are emulating or waiting for them to decide who they are going for before making our moves. I agree with SalfordPaul, our owner has said additions will be made, Khaldoon has said it why can't people just wait and see.

de niro said:
e need to improve the squad if we want an assault on the CL. thats doesn't mean a big name it means anyone who will give us more options and cover.

But surely we've reached the stage where we need to sign a top player to improve the squad? Seems to me to be pointless to add an average player (eg. Sinclair) if they're not good enough to get enough game time to make a difference? This isn't being a spoilt brat as it is sometimes characterised, just being realistic about the calibre of player we now need to improve us.

Savic is an eastern european central defender......do you want another Savic...!?

It's difficult, we have a great team as everyone agrees, but if you just look at facts we didn't make it out of our group and we beat united to the league on goal difference. Whether or not this flattered united is up to you, and I understand we were in a tough group in the champions league, however, what is to stop that happening again? We could easily be in a group with PSG as the team from the fourth pot..?

No, we don't need a big name, but we probably do need someone/a couple who will take us forward in certain areas, and help us make the required step up.

de niro said:

We need to improve the squad if we are to retain the title, never mind the CL. I don't really care for the RVP's of Cavani's, in terms of I don't think we need them, it's defensive improvements we need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.