Do we need a hard man in the team?

A real hardman in our team like we had with Barry de jong to protect our more gifted players in the mould of a viera Keane(spits) gattuso?? Thoughts

How is this "hardman" gonna protect our players out of interest? Is he gonna run next to them every time they have the ball and drop kick any player that comes near them? The only one who can protect our players are the refs and they seem perfectly ok with letting the other team try and break our players legs.

How is this "hardman" gonna protect our players out of interest? Is he gonna run next to them every time they have the ball and drop kick any player that comes near them? The only one who can protect our players are the refs and they seem perfectly ok with letting the other team try and break our players legs.

I disagree when we had Barry de jong Vinny yaya in the team other teams didn't dare kick our players and if they did it wouldn't take 5 mins for them to be riding in agony

I disagree when we had Barry de jong Vinny yaya in the team other teams didn't dare kick our players and if they did it wouldn't take 5 mins for them to be riding in agony

But back then the other teams weren't trying to cripple us because we weren't as dominant as we are now. What is happening now is 100% a new tactic managers have thought up to stop us. They tried pressing us, they tried long balls, they tried parking the bus and now they are onto plan D which is to kick our best players off the pitch. If we tried fighting fire with fire you could stick your mortgage on that player being shown a red card instantly.

A real hardman in our team like we had with Barry de jong to protect our more gifted players in the mould of a viera Keane(spits) gattuso?? Thoughts
I asked myself the same question after the game. Came to the conclusion it would be counterproductive because he would get carded too much. Look at Dinho, hardly a hard man but he's been sitting on a cumulative ban for a month. Was the only player to get spoken to in the first half at Newcastle despite their players making worse challenges.

But back then the other teams weren't trying to cripple us because we weren't as dominant as we are now. What is happening now is 100% a new tactic managers have thought up to stop us. They tried pressing us, they tried long balls, they tried parking the bus and now they are onto plan D which is to kick our best players off the pitch. If we tried fighting fire with fire you could stick your mortgage on that player being shown a red card instantly.

To be fair today the bad challenge came last min

Pep has come out and said that players need protecting added to the fact that there is some coverage over the tackle and some journalists speaking out,it will have an effect,it just needs to be put out there,pep is flavour of the month,hell the likes of Craig Burley and Shaka Hislop ( Newcastle) calling out aggressive tackling,the majority want to see exciting football and the best players plying their trade in this league but if it’s not sorted then the league will suffer,pep will be asked again about the horror tackles on Monday? previewing the Watford game it’s all about putting it in people’s minds if you say nothing then bugger all will happen...

No.

Technicians are taking over and rightly so in my opinion.

Having some guy who can go around threatening opposition players and putting it in where it hurts at the highest level ended in the mid-00’s and should remain in the mid-00’s.

It’s ultimately up to the referees to protect the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.