Do we need a hard man in the team?

Is the correct answer jim, that though is down to the FA to sort and they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The rule of not being able to change a booking for an offence when the ref got it wrong and it should have been a red needs to be brought in
And yellow cards can be changed. Remember Ben Thatcher's assault on Pedro Mendes. I'm pretty sure he was booked at the time and the FA upgraded his punishment to a ban as it was "exceptional circumstances". That's my memory of the incident anyway.

And yellow cards can be changed. Remember Ben Thatcher's assault on Pedro Mendes. I'm pretty sure he was booked at the time and the FA upgraded his punishment to a ban as it was "exceptional circumstances". That's my memory of the incident anyway.

Yes mate, it was exceptional circumstances - he was a city player

Yes mate, it was exceptional circumstances - he was a city player

Yes and the adebayor celebration was charged even though he was booked for it. These are the only two I can think of though funny that it's against us though. The Ben Thatcher one was the right call though it was disgusting what he did

Yes and the adebayor celebration was charged even though he was booked for it. These are the only two I can think of though funny that it's against us though. The Ben Thatcher one was the right call though it was disgusting what he did

Well, I agree it was an out of order challenge, but i dont agree it was the only one of its kind, and deserved punishment above and beyond all others that get 3 game bans, so on that basis, against that background, in that context... I'm not sure it actually was the right call

We draw one game in 19 and now our approach is wrong and we need Lee Cattermole? How about no.

We need the whole team to react to these challenges the way Barcelona did under Guardiola when they were getting kicked to bits. Not nice to watch but now I understand why they were so quick to surround the ref and pressure him to send players off.
Agreed, I don't like seeing it but what choice have we got when being kicked off the park?

Yes, but for those 2 or 3 matches where he was sent off he would have accumulated a 12 match suspension! (3+4+5 matches). Not really much of a deterrent when he's banned for almost one third of the season, is it?
It is if people know what they're going to get when he's sat on the bench. He'll only have to do it a few times before they cotton on and start behaving themselves. Keane managed Ok.

I’d think it would be in the EPL’s best interest to severely penalize tackles like we saw yesterday on De Bruyne. If I’m a player of his quality and I kept taking cheap shots like that, I’d have to seriously think about going to play for one of the big boys in another league that will protect players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.