Do we need a LB?

Clichy out, clearly past his best. Laywin Kurzawa from Monaco please. Only 22 years old and good young players is what we need to reduce the average age.

I have not seen much of Kurzawa but I keep reading he is highly rated.

How good defensively is he though?

With him being French he should be able to develop a quick understanding with Mangala.

sam-caddick said:
I have not seen much of Kurzawa but I keep reading he is highly rated.

How good defensively is he though?

With him being French he should be able to develop a quick understanding with Mangala.

Clichys French......

I think I am one of the older posters on the Forum. Left back over the years isn't a position that City can take great comfort in.

When I first went to Maine Road; Pardoe was the left back and he was great but a million miles away from the England set up and his successor Willie Donachie was one of the best in the League and he deservedly represented Scotland many times over a number of years. After that we waited a long time for Andy Hinchcliffe and then a bit later Danny Granville and Danny Tomato were pretty decent footballers who gave their all.

In 46 years though of watching City - Kolorov is head and shoulders far better than any of the ones mentioned above and Clichy at his best isn't far behind him.

They're both creeping towards 30 though. Need to rejuvenate the squad and it's one area that we can make an improvement in.

Judging off Pelli's selections this season I think clichy will actually probably be the one who ends up staying. Makes since too in a way. Sure, Kola offers more going forward but it's not like we're looking to buy an experienced veteran. I think we'll be targeting a young attacking fullback. Therefore, who would be more valuable in rotation? Probably the experienced and pacey Clichy. I mean think about it... Say we buy kurzawa and doesn't immediately settle. Who would u rather have guarding cr7, robben, etc. in a big CL match, Clichy or Kolarov?

Alex Sandro is the one I think we should be going after though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.