Do we need a LB?

Although he has been playing well in recent games I think we should sell Clichy and buy a much better defensive LB but someone who can go up and put in a few crosses when needed. I also say sell Kolarov and buy a young but talented LB.

Asad said:
Although he has been playing well in recent games I think we should sell Clichy and buy a much better defensive LB but someone who can go up and put in a few crosses when needed. I also say sell Kolarov and buy a young but talented LB.

HG issues with selling clichy

Asad said:

His recent excellent displays included two assists.......from crosses.

He's HG,he's a great professional,he never hides and he still has plenty of football left in him.

It would be madness to sell Clichy,as for kolarov.....flip that.

If we assume the ongoing role for the LB is to provide competent defensive and offensive duties, neither Gael or Alex tick both boxes, but between them, they get close.

I would be inclined to agree to sell both, but not at the same time as some degree of consistency would be needed whilst the new guy settles in.

For me, first out would be Alex though, as as tough as he appears, he tackles like a fairy.

FantasyIreland said:
Asad said:

He's HG,he's a great professional,he never hides and he still has plenty of football left in him.

I was trying to say that we should buy a LB who is better defensively but can also go up and attack. Clichy can attack well but he's not the best at defending.

Asad said:
FantasyIreland said:
Asad said:

I was trying to say that we should buy a LB who is better defensively but can also go up and attack. Clichy can attack well but he's not the best at defending.

Are you getting your LB's mixed up ?

Davs 19 said:
Asad said:
FantasyIreland said:

Are you getting your LB's mixed up ?

Looks like we will not have finished outside top 2 with the current left backs in the last 4 seasons so don't think they can be that bad! I take my hat off to Clichy with the way he had fought back after shit performances just after the win v the rags. Not averse to getting a younger more consistent LB than Kolarov but don't see it as a priority

FantasyIreland said:
Ive not seen Orban play but he is only 5 months into a 5 year deal at Valencia......it would take big money.
That sucks. Dude can play..

Not urgently. If we were able to move Kolarov on and get a better (and younger) replacement, it would be nice. But there are definitely higher priorities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.