Do we need another back-up striker?

thats what ive been thinking . 2 back up strikers , could always fill in for reserves aswell.

oh and by the way if we did get another striker in i mean not perminent, when caicedo/boj comes back, if we dont decide to loan them again or sell them then we bin the striker off cause we dont need him.

Tevez Will Be Blue said:
lol, now that is silly, but to be mature ill answer in a positive manner.

Even IF the worse happens, all that will happen is a shift in formation, we can easily play the lone striker with wingers pushing forward, that's just 1 example.

City will NOT be buying anymore strikers this season.
bring one in from the academy in an emergency.

As someone previously said im sure we could recall one of the 3 loaned out guys. Does anyone think mak and nimely could play the back up striker roles?

keemcfc said:
I was just thinking before, our back up strikers that will be with us this season (hopefully) are:

RSC
Bellamy

(Ive only put the above because Benjani looks likley to be sold, Bojinov looks like he's getting loaned to parma and everyone else has gon at least for the season)

Anyway, both of those are injury prone, I know its not likley that both of them will be injured at the same time, but I still think its worth bringing in another all-round, young striker (maybe from the academy?)

Im not thinking of someone to challange for first team action, but someone who would come and willingly sit on the bench/in the reserves untill needed.

*Please dont shoot me down?*

Excellent idea , I would have had a contract in place with Parma to have the likes of Bojinov return if required because we have the clout to do those things now however somebody young willing to bide there time and take an opportunity when it presents itself is always useful.

Lets hope all four stay fit and well for the whole season but we all know thats highly unlikely.

Manure's "17" year old virtually landed them the title of his own boot late last season.

No we don't need another backup striker even after the clear out of our strikers. We are set to start the season, all we need is another centre-half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.