Do we need another back-up striker?

charliebigspuds said:
we should buy Torres, Rooney and Drogba. Anyone agree?
just torres and rooney should be enough i think.......drogba is getting a bit long in the tooth

:P

Sorry guys but you can't take torres or drogba.

I think, you sholud be better with takin' Agüero. Right ?

uA-oguz said:
Sorry guys but you can't take torres or drogba.

I think, you sholud be better with takin' Agüero. Right ?

There are no room for him. We need a big striker up front and Robinho is playing on the left. Aguero is 1.40m. We can't put him in front.

Lets say RSC and Bellers are both injured at the same time which is far from unlikely and Ade is away at ANC.

We then have Tevez and Robbie. It's an away CC match in Hartlepool. Who plays? More options might be desirable under such circumstances.

Most top squads have 6/7/8 stikers in their first team squads. We have 6 including Benjani...so probably 5.

I'd argue that there is room in the squad for a back-up/contingency striker in the absence of Boj/ Evans/ Studge. We will have lost 6 in Vass/ Studge/ Boj/ Benj/ Ched/ Caicedo. 7 if you count Jo. We have brought in 3.

Manure have 7 forwards in their first team squad including the likes of Macheda on the fringe and some who never play that I know of like Brandy and Obertan.

I think the question should be ...do we have some promising strikers coming through the Academy that will take the step up to the first team squad to gain experience? If not then I don't think the OP asks a silly question at all and there is room for 1/2 youngsters 'for the future' in the squad.

Norbit Nimrod said:
Please tell me this thread is a joke.
no, its a thread, not a joke, you said it youreself, "THREAD", see, its easy.

we have 5 strikers (assuming benji leaves) and most good teams have about 7 so all im suggesting is to maybe get someone in, probobly from the academy. someone like david ball, not another big name.

just imagine this, an cup game against hartlepool (^^^like that guy said^^^), bellers and rsc are injued, so we have to play tevez, tevez gets a long term injurey in that match, we have to plat bellers/rsc instead of him for the rest of the season, then we only have one back up striker.

its worth bringing someone in, from the academy, just to be on the safe side, ffs can non of you see that?!?!

I would have liked us to have kept either Big Phil, Bojinov or Jo. If as likely Benjani leaves it does only leave us with the 5 main strikers in the squad. Especially Big Phil.

It is however a fantastic looking 5. I would think most clubs would like Bellamy as a fifth choice forward.

I hope if the worst comes to the worst and we have bad luck with injuries we have boys in the Academy who are worth a place in the squad or that Mark Hughes has the tactics in his locker to compensate a shortage in the firepower department.

Failing that we have the January transfer window and we can go Shopping once more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.