Do We Need New Players?

Not sure to be honest, we already have a top four squad in my opinion if we have a fully fit team and we have alot of players the right side of 25! We have had alot of injuries this year roque, lescott, bridge, johnson, ireland, toure, petrov and ade missing for half the season and we are still in the run in for fourth! I think vieira could do a job for us next season, would take milner and maybe robben next season and then a fullback, think we are alright for forwards with tevez ade roque and ball/nimely getting abit of game time! Think bobby will develop Boyata, Ibrahim and wiess next year!

dachoosen1 said:
Not sure to be honest, we already have a top four squad in my opinion if we have a fully fit team and we have alot of players the right side of 25!

Couldn't agree with this any more!

Only positions i would cover would be ones such as left back where (IMO) Garrido needs to go and Sylvinho's future is uncertain past this season and lets face it Barry isn't a left back.

As for right back we're fine, we've got Micah and Nedum who i both think are good enough if given the right opportunity and then there's our most versatile player Zabaleta who has this covered too, we don't concede much from the right either!

another position people have talked about in here is a creative/ box to box midfielder, we have super Stevie, he's not had the greatest season, but I've a feeling he'll come good again. I also think a fully fit Michael Johnson has the potential to boss that midfield in a few years, it seems like alot of people on here would be glad to see the back of him though which is a shame.

so here's what i'd change if i were Mancini:

Offload:

Garrido
Petrov
Robinho
Benjani
Jo
Santa Cruz

Call back:
Weiss
Hart

Bring in:
Taiwo
Lahm
Torres
Robben

This is simple. Players who are on loan ( except Hart/Weiss ) are allowed to leave. Players who are unhappy or not in Mancini's plans are allowed to leave. Areas where we are short at the moment - playmaker, box to box midfielder etc we buy the best available. Therefore; -

Examples. Ned wants a regular first team spot in a Prem side he goes and Mancini brings in another Centre back that Toure,VK and Lescott all say "Wow am I in the same side as this Guy".

Benjani leaves and is replaced with a Striker the calibre of Torres or Aguerro or Dzeko.

Next season we join the Race for the Title.

First off Buffon is a great keeper and we would be lucky to have such a greater player at the club, no arguements from me.
However we are lucky as we already have a truly great keeper and unless Given gets injured then can anyone tell me why we need to spend 30M on Buffon in one of our strongest positions when there are obvious areas of the team that do need strenghening?

Miami Weiss said:
LB, playmaker, box to box MF..

just 3 of the players we need put in a right back center half 1 winger and a center forward and we can challenge for the league not a top 4 spot we need to reach for the top now

We only need 2 or 3 players.

We need someone on the left, yes Bellamy has been amazing for us but with his old age and knee problems hes not going to last long. Angel Di Maria, 20-25m

We need another CB, someone to take charge in defence as Toure dosnt seem to be up to the job, Chiellini, 30m

We could use another midfielder, someone creative going forward. I personally think Ireland is good enough but Manchini dosnt seem to be a fan of ireland.

Also if the romours are true and Torres will be up for sale at the end of the season it wouldnt hurt to bring him in, hes injury prone at at Liverpool but only because they shove him on the pitch not fully fit, with Adebayor, Tevez and Santa cruz we wouldnt have the same problem of having to force Torres to play not fully fit.

TrueBlue123 said:
a left back would be nice but i dont think we need any more players.

with the squad we have i think we can consistantly finish in the top four.

big spending isnt needed - unless were looking to win the premiership

CTID

We need a new left back as we only have Bridge who is actually any good.

We need a box-to-box all round midfielder of the Gerrard, Lampard ilk.

We need a deep lying playmaker of the Xavi, Alonso ilk.

We could do with another winger, Bellamy's got dodgy knees and Johnson's still only young, plus with extra matches in Europe we'll need to rotate and SWP and Petrov aren't good enough.

Maybe, if a top quality one became available, a new striker too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.