Do we need to stop being so negative?

Moss Side's Finest

I'm just going to come out and say it, I think over the years, many of us blues have become far too negative (I include myself in that).

I'm not saying that much of it is unwarranted, the constant kicking from the media etc was bound to have an impact on us over time.

My point is more around that fact that maybe we should just appreciate what we have, what we've done and what we still can do i.e. being the best club on the planet.

At a guess I would say that the majority of the threads across city forums are all based on negativity e.g. every media outlet, organisation, official and regulatory authority have it in for us etc etc.

It would be a shame to look back on all these years of success with so much bitterness caused by scumbags that try to bring us down.

I understand that sometimes it kind of breeds a sense of seige mentality, but by and large it just makes us all angry and frustrated when we should be the happiest smiliest fans on earth during this prolonged period of success.

Would be interested to hear others views, am I way off the mark?

I'm just going to come out and say it, I think over the years, many of us blues have become far too negative (I include myself in that).

I'm not saying that much of it is unwarranted, the constant kicking from the media etc was bound to have an impact on us over time.

My point is more around that fact that maybe we should just appreciate what we have, what we've done and what we still can do i.e. being the best club on the planet.

At a guess I would say that the majority of the threads across city forums are all based on negativity e.g. every media outlet, organisation, official and regulatory authority have it in for us etc etc.

It would be a shame to look back on all these years of success with so much bitterness caused by scumbags that try to bring us down.

I understand that sometimes it kind of breeds a sense of seige mentality, but by and large it just makes us all angry and frustrated when we should be the happiest smiliest fans on earth during this prolonged period of success.

Champions League, Premier Leagues, FA Cups and League Cups. I'm amazed that the word negativity can even be associated with City. Then that's some Bluemooners for you.

Champions League, Premier Leagues, FA Cups and League Cups. I'm amazed that the word negativity can even be associated with City. Then that's some Bluemooners for you.
I don't think it's just bluemooners. The past 15 years have been so successful but when we look back many will remember the hatred towards UEFA, PL, PGMOL, Media equally as much as the trophies. I'm not saying there isn't just cause for the hatred, there is in many cases. I'm just saying, it's like life, we all have a choice as to whether we let others nastiness and negativity become our problem too. It kinda feels like we've let it become our problem far too much, rather than just focusing on the thing that we have and they don't, success! And that's a shame

Interesting post. TBH though it would be a bit weird if everyone logged on every day and said repeatedly how happy and lucky they are! There’s loads of really shitty behaviour around the club and for me it’s worth pointing out

Don’t need to listen or read what others say. It’s only a game, one that a select few are fortunate enough to make a fortunate living from, and we just happen to be fortunate enough to be watching the best side of its generation playing in our colours. It won’t last forever. Other great teams were pilloried and hated when they were at their peaks but are eulogised now- often by the same people who hated them then, and the same will be true for us. Just need to enjoy it while it lasts: good times, noodle salad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.