Do we need to stop being so negative?

Nope. By raising it we're just annoying ourselves, we're not raising awareness, those that can see it already see it, those that don't never will, or will never choose to. Fundamentally I'm talking about not letting it get to us quite as much, as that what they actually want. They want to ruin our party, and by biting, we let them.
You're assuming it's somehow ruining something for me. It isn't mate, I'm loving the ride. Not gonna be a doormat tho, and of course different things affect different people in different ways (see the Matchday thread :) )

10 years of being good does not easily wipe away what we went through, plenty of the older generation of fans have developed a gallows humour and an us against them attitude because its what got us through the darker times and its what we know and its what differentiates us from that lot down the road.

To most people outside it would seem like negativity but i think to alot of blues its having the ability to laugh at ourselves and long may that continue.
Got it in one. Well said.

10 years of being good does not easily wipe away what we went through, plenty of the older generation of fans have developed a gallows humour and an us against them attitude because its what got us through the darker times and its what we know and its what differentiates us from that lot down the road.

To most people outside it would seem like negativity but i think to alot of blues its having the ability to laugh at ourselves and long may that continue.
I'm 'inside it' as a blue of well over 40 years, so I appreciate what you are saying. Those times have passed now though and the younger generation don't need the gallows humour we had. This isn't about us all being happy and not taking the piss out of ourselves, this is about us letting all the haters get to us (resulting in negativity) when we should sometimes just laugh at them.

I'll just add, that I'm probably one of the worst for being negative and letting them get to me!! I was just thinking and hoping out loud by starting the thread, not trying to judge anyone else

I'm 'inside it' as a blue of well over 40 years, so I appreciate what you are saying. Those times have passed now though and the younger generation don't need the gallows humour we had. This isn't about us all being happy and not taking the piss out of ourselves, this is about us letting all the haters get to us (resulting in negativity) when we should sometimes just laugh at them.
To be fair i dont think the younger generation do have it, so take this weekend, im in my forties and im thinking ill take a 1 0 against palace it will be a tough game and thats because that attitude is ingrained into me, my nephew who is 15 has the attitude that we will absolutely smash them because all he knows is us being good.

I dont think that younger generation have the same attitude as us older ones because they dont consume news in the same way we do. Its us older ones that kind of have the negative attitude because we grew up with the belief that if it could go wrong then it would go wrong, i defy one single older blue to say that when luton got a corner in the 92nd minute on sunday that their first thought wasnt oh here we fucking go.

Let's face it, we are all moaning bastards, and it's daft really as I've never had it has good in the 40 plus years I've been going.

Whether it's atmosphere,early leavers, half n half scarf wearers, tourists whatever, there's never a week goes by without some moan somewhere along the line.

All the "shit" that's going on in the background is completely beyond our control, people can boo, but it has no affect at all really, but the way the media is, and don't forget all the wannabee journalists / bloggers/ vloggers etc who are just normal fans get into peoples heads and make people take different views, which is fucking stupid, as in the main they are all know fuck all cunts, they just provide an opinion, thats it.

Like that big Ste video I watched off here the other week, he's passionate, loves the club, like we all do, but he doesn't have the answers neither as to why it's sometimes like it is, but as fans / supporters whatever, we just have to embrace what we see and have seen on the pitch, as that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Yes it's been a bit below par recently, from what we have been used to, but we are still there, and will be when the trophies start getting dished out at end of the season, so relax all is good.

A common phrase that used to get used a lot on here was "enjoy the ride", we still are and long may it continue, but if people thinks there's a negative vibe around that we can't shake off, fuck me try being with us in the 90's and early 00's, now they was negative times, but you know what it was still as much fun as it is today, the joys of being a Blue that no other fans will ever understand.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.