Do We Really Need Anyone !

I would still be confident we could retain the title if we didn't make any changes to the team.

I would like, however, 2 wingers (One established and one youngster) and a centre back, as cover or competion. Would look at leaning savic to get him a lot of proper game time in England .

We need:

A quality CB who can also play elsewhere e.g. Thiago Silva, Chiellini
Backup for Yaya e.g. Martinez
If Tevez goes, Falcao or Cavani.

Also, we need something to help break down teams that park the bus; not sure who/what to suggest however.

Even Mancini himself said at the end of last season that as a team, we must improve and to improve that means change. Maybe one or two personnel. I'm sure he'll have looked at certain games: Swansea away, Sunderland home/away, Arsenal and Everton/away and realises that we won the title by the skin of our teeth and the way we went out of the cup comptetitions is not the mark of the future Champions League winners.

It probably needs tweaking only and the way we failed to have a plan B in certain games will be behind his thinking. Hence I believe a strong winger/midfielder and poss a CB are needed. That plus a new striker if Dzeko moves on.

Aussie! said:
Considering AJ would be gone, would prefer a replacement in Bale.

If all the strikers stay, then that department is fine.

Would like to see someone help CLichy in left back. Kolarov doesnt cut it these days.
Even though I'm a 'hater' of Kolarov, we won't get another Left Back as good as Kolarov who is prepared to sit out 4/5 games. I'd go all out for T.Silva and make a double bid for Javi Martinez and Iker Muniain.

we need a centr back and maybe a pacey winger,dont forget we will have one more striker this year with carlos applying himself again.

I will be happy with this line up

________________________Hart_____________________

Richards___Kompany__________Lescott______Clichy

_______________Yaya___________Barry______________

Silva________________Tevez______________Nasri

_____________________Aguero______________

But I think the team needs a winger to replace Nasri or Silva, a player like Ribery or Robben will be more than welcome.

the problem with signing big names is who will they replace and how do you keep players happy, if you look at our forwards for instance we cant keep 4 forwards like aguero,tevez, balo and dzeko happy, in a way tevez going awol and balo suspensions masked this problem, if they all stay next year there will be grumblings

its okay to say sign a couple of great players but that means others will suffer, i think you need 14/15 top class players then the rest should be prospects who are happy to spend spells on the bench

we need to get rid of players on the periphery and sign young prospects who will push established players or be sold on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.