Do We Really Need Anyone !

PUTTYBLUE said:
If nobody goes, do we really need anybody else to come in?

Should we not give some of the younger players a chance. We have a good set of young players like Suarez, Roman, Gudetti, Rekik and Rusnak.

3 to 4 new players depending upon how many leave as a minimum

Midfield player - Khedira is apparantly for sale (to replace eith er Barry or DJ)
Striker - Cavani please (To replace Dzeko - sadly)
Centre Half - Not a clue (Savic aint good enough yet)
Left Back / Winger - Bale is the obvious choice (Kolorov rumoured to be off)

I think we need a minimum of 2 players if everyone stays, and a maximum of 7 (including replacements)
we need a back-up center back, a central midfielder and a winger/attacking midfielder

Javi Martinez could cover both CB and CM - Alternatively we could look at Agger, Albiol or Radu plus Nuri Sahin or Marouane Fellaini maybe.

Iker Muniain would be a great addition, although we seem more keen on Muller and Bale. Also Ben Arfa or Lucas Moura would be very decent too.

Lassana Diarra would be my first choice to replace de Jong if he leaves, although if we wanted someone else we could go for Yann M'Vila or Cheick Tiote.

Lucas Digne, Leighton Baines, Vurnon Anita and Jordi Alba would be the options for a possible replacement for Kolarov if he left.

Robin Van Persie for Edin Dzeko seems the likeliest replacement although i would prefer Falcao.

Matias Rodriguez is a player we are also keen to add as a luxury utility player it seems. Althogh I don't know much about him my Argie friend says he is a solid defender who can also do a good job on the wing or in the center of midfield.

Minimum - Martinez, Muniain (2)
Maximum - Radu, Sahin, Moura, Diarra, Alba, Van Persie, Rodriguez (7)

Do we really need anyone? The answer is an emphatic yes. We only won the title on goal difference, and United now have Kagawa, Vidic returning will be like a new signing, and I'm sure they will add others. I'm pretty wary of a backlash, imagine how much that last day hurt them, and we need to be ready for this. We lack depth. That January-February period, where we lost the Toure's, Kompany, and Balotelli, really hurt us. There was a lack of attacking options. I think there was a couple of games, where we only had Adam Johnson as an attacking option to bring off the bench. There was numerous times we had to bring on Kolarov when we were losing, and even De Jong, in that game away to Everton. Okay, we got away with it, and won the title, but that might not be the case next time around. A strong run in the Champions League is also going to be on the agenda. We're going into it as English Champions, and its important for our development as a major force, we have a strong run in that. Add in the two domestic cups, and its easy to see how a big squad is vital in the modern game for a club like ours.

We need to shift the last of the Mark Hughes era before we do anything. Then I say we need a CB to partner Kolo (Savic loan to Swansea or somewhere). We need a replacement for Hargreaves we can rely on and we will need a winger if AJ goes.

I think we also need a 3rd choice keeper since Taylor was released, just someone with experience to sit on the bench for cup games and come in if Hart or Costel get injured. It might be worth promoting up Erik Johansson but I think and experienced head would not go a miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.