Do you believe in love?

Love has many forms, but it should never be confused with lust.

I have seen "love" in its most poignant form. That of a couple in their 50th year of marriage where one gets ill and goes into hospital, and the one at home sleeps with a scarf on their pillow that has the scent of the other.

The bickering, the trials and tribulations and the sheer hard work that goes into a 50 year relationship just add to the mix, and the petty little bad things in life actually fade away.

That is love.

aphex said:
mammutly said:
Why is love real and God not real?

you really have been at that medicine cabinet tonight eh?

like you say, love is a chemical reaction in the brain, not some deity living up in the clouds.

Do you really believe that love is just a neurochemical imbalance in the brain?
It's never been pinned down as such.

I wonder why it's OK for people to be angry and dismissive about God but not about love?

mammutly said:
aphex said:
you really have been at that medicine cabinet tonight eh?

like you say, love is a chemical reaction in the brain, not some deity living up in the clouds.

I wonder why it's OK for people to be angry and dismissive about God but not about love?

i'm guessing it's that way because it's fathomable to me, without getting into spirituality

the things you feel can be attributed to only your emotions

if you want to take it one step further, and make it spiritual, then why is it not afforded to every man

(and woman)

?

mackenzie said:
Love has many forms, but it should never be confused with lust.

I have seen "love" in its most poignant form. That of a couple in their 50th year of marriage where one gets ill and goes into hospital, and the one at home sleeps with a scarf on their pillow that has the scent of the other.

The bickering, the trials and tribulations and the sheer hard work that goes into a 50 year relationship just add to the mix, and the petty little bad things in life actually fade away.

That is love.

When I read that, I was hoping I could find this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl-aAsvX_14[/youtube]

You put it very well. Literally brought a tear to my eye.

mammutly said:
You can't see it. It can't be scentifically measured or operationally defined. There is no tangible proof that love exists.
Perhaps it will one day be linked to a chemical process, but until then.... Is it real?
You should re-formulate your question to: Have you experienced love? It is neither a question of belief nor for science. You experience it or you don't, simple as. And yes, I have, in many different forms (from love for my mum, to my missus, to my daughter, and dare I day it, to love for my football team).

aphex said:
mammutly said:

i'm guessing it's that way because it's fathomable to me, without getting into spirituality

if you want to take it one step further, and make it spiritual, then why is it not afforded to every man

(and woman)

?

Very good question.

Only answer that makes sense to me is that the hope of love is what keeps us going.

mammutly said:
aphex said:

(and woman)

?

Very good question.

Only answer that makes sense to me is that the hope of love is what keeps us going.

it certainly does. it's such a powerful emotion

well, that and the chance of a bit of how's yer father

love is great!

tueartsboots said:
Love is the warm feeling in your stomach once the butterflies have settled.
The fuzzy headedness when you look at the person.
The fact you actually hear birds singing

1. i've seen your stomach - they are fighting a fruitless search to find the edge

2. stop drinking so much

3. i had that problem, i shut my window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.