Do you believe in love?

mammutly said:
mackenzie said:
It's much more than "falling in love" isn't it?

It's about steadfast loyalty and getting through the bad times, self sacrifice and selflessness.

There does have to balance in a relationship though. If all you do is compromise, then I'd say that isn't shared love.

Love is not just a feeling, it's a verb. You have to do it , and if you can do it properly then you deserve it back in some way.. It's not all about self sacrifice.

I agree with this. I have been married for over 30 years and I still love her to bits - although there are many occassions when I would happily choke the living sh*t out of her!

ElanJo said:
mammutly said:
yes.

you can love completely without complete understanding ( line stolen from A River Runs Through It)

God is love.

We already have a word for "love". Guess what? that word is ..."love". Besides I thought God was a Jedi-esque "all-encompassing force" (minus the midichlorians, of course)?

Emotions, whether they be love, hate, or whatever, exist. We see evidence of these emotions all the time. Also scientists have found that the same chemical process that occurs with addiction also takes place when someone falls in love.

If that's not compelling enough for you I challenge you to argue with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQz7A9uXPLg[/youtube]

Although I could contest the earlier parts of your argument, the latter point leaves me defeated :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.