Do you believe the Universe is infinite?

Johnsonontheleft

If you believe the Universe is infinite, then the entire Star Wars saga played itself out in real life, word for word.

It's hard to comprehend that every single possibility has played itself out for eternity, but many people do believe the Universe is infinite despite this.

everything must have a beginning and end and questions of WHY us with water and oxygen for living human and animal life on earth WHY we have a moon and sun it cannot be just down to luck

I don't believe it is, no. I think our universe is a 'bubble' if you like. It has an edge, an outside. I'd like to believe there are other universes outside of our own.

No.

Because I've got no idea if it is or not, and no way of finding out.

Scientists get paid to theorise and pontificate about the universe, and they don't know either.

I don't believe it is finite either, for the same reasons.

madcitehfan said:
I don't believe it is, no. I think our universe is a 'bubble' if you like. It has an edge, an outside. I'd like to believe there are other universes outside of our own.

There simply has to be more intelligent forms of life

Hamann Pineapple said:
madcitehfan said:

Outside this Forum?

The human mind is not truly capable of comprehending this concept, everything we know has a beginning and an end, i am more at ease with the idea of scale, for all we know the entire universe as we know it may be a droplet in an ocean of something even grander. Following the same concept as the final scenes of Men in black.

Do i believe the universe is infinite? i dont know

Hamann Pineapple said:
madcitehfan said:

I'd say so. There are simply too many galaxies, stars and planets. Billions upon billions. In our own solar system even there are places where microbial life at least could exist.

There is more liquid water on Europa than on Earth for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.