Do you eat the crusts?

An hotel.
A hotel is probably more common but both are frequently used. Usage with 'h' usually depends on if the 'h' is pronounced, though I think we'd always use 'an historical event' even though the 'h' is pronounced.

'A' can be used in front of vowels as well if they don't have a vowel sound.

Anyway, I guess we're getting quite some way off topic.

A hotel is probably more common but both are frequently used. Usage with 'h' usually depends on if the 'h' is pronounced, though I think we'd always use 'an historical event' even though the 'h' is pronounced.

'A' can be used in front of vowels as well if they don't have a vowel sound.

Anyway, I guess we're getting quite some way off topic.
Yes. The so called upper classes used not to pronounce the 'h' in hotel and so that was considered correct. A bit like "cunstable" for a copper, since much less fashionable.

'An orange' is a corruption of 'a norange.' See 'naranja'
Lived in Spain for 7 years surrounded by them, watched the Morrocans picking them, saw them being processed, boxed and loaded onto artics, even seen the very same ones boxed in Aldi over here... and didn't know that. Bluemoon's done it again.

I only really eat fresh out of the oven baguettes or if I occasionally get a loaf it's tiger bread without the crust.
Not a fan tbh.
I remember as a kid my dad would get both crusts from a loaf and spread a tonne of butter on and eat them with his brew. Looked fucking rank. I prefer a nice hobnob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.