Do you ever just do nothing at weekend?

W W

worsleyweb

Think I suffer from always having to be on the go? And having to be somewhere. Trying today to just stay in most of the day part from a walk around the block. Anyone else not great at staying in?

Since retirement I go for a walk every day, I feel guilty if I sit on my bum all day, our walks are quite long usually around 12 kilometres or so, usually involves a sit down somewhere nice and a coffee and little cake or muffin.
It's a nice way of life really, I've got nothing to do but go for a walk.

Since retirement I go for a walk every day, I feel guilty if I sit on my bum all day, our walks are quite long usually around 12 kilometres or so, usually involves a sit down somewhere nice and a coffee and little cake or muffin.
It's a nice way of life really, I've got nothing to do but go for a walk.

briliiant mate. I long for a simpler life.

Last weekend I did just that.....
Woke up in time for the first game of the day at 7.30am my time and watched that followed by the City v Burnley game at 10am and then Chelsea v whoever they played at 12.30pm.
Then sat there and made a list of things to do which was cut the grass (hadn't done it for about 5 weeks) and tidy the kitchen up.
Then went onto Blue Moon for a while before realising MOTD was on..... so it was 6.30pm by the time that had finished.
Back to Blue Moon..... made something to eat, watched a few things on YouTube and off to bed (there had been beer drinking throughout all of this)
Sunday woke up with a determination to do the kitchen and garden.
Watched the 8am and 11.30 games my time....
Back to Blue Moon and a couple of youtube channels and MOTD2 is on.... something to eat and a film later it is bed.

Apart from getting something out of the car, I didn't leave the house all weekend.

On Tuesday I got the gardener who cuts next doors lawn every 2 weeks to do mine for $25....
The kitchen still needs a wipe down!
I will contemplate doing it today - after the 7.30am / 10am / and the City game has ended ;)
Will only take 5 to 10 mins but imagine I will do it tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
I'm 46 and have a 3 and 5 year-old. There's not a chance I'm doing fuck all this weekend - or any future weekends - for a long time. Although, it is the thought of reading a book on the settee in peace, on a Sunday morning and afternoon, at some point between now and when I die, that's keeping me going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.