Do you ever just do nothing at weekend?

Since retirement I go for a walk every day, I feel guilty if I sit on my bum all day, our walks are quite long usually around 12 kilometres or so, usually involves a sit down somewhere nice and a coffee and little cake or muffin.
It's a nice way of life really, I've got nothing to do but go for a walk.
Yeah, that was me. Really enjoyed the lifestyle! Sadly, no can do now; my walking limit is about 20 metres. I am surrounded by Yorkshire dales, very frustrating.

I’ve got another 5 days of self isolation so no choice. Feel crap though so not a problem currently. Even my lovely dog is getting on my nerves though.

No, cant, got a very low boredom threshold.....tomorrow consists of cutting the grass, if it's dry...fuel for my outboards, run a few engines, bake Key lime pie, clean vac and upholstery cleaner, tidy up garage again, change oil filter and oil in van, walk dogs, twice.....and that's before the Mrs has given me instructions.

I'm spending my weekend responding to glaikit bushwa online. I've been trying to help out someone with anger and hate issues, stemming from unfortunate childhood experiences.

My missus got her bike nicked from Salford Precinct last week, so today I went to our kid's house in Followfield and picked up his old bike and rode it back home to Salford....just in time to watch the match and follow it on the match thread. It was a hard bike to ride...but enough about the missus. hehehe...she'd kill me if she knew I just wrote that. My legs felt like jelly. Do you think that's worth a BJ? She says it's not...if it had SEVEN gears, it would have been...but it's only got 6.
I love Saturdays when City play. I just put a few Lucky 15s on and wait for the game. I couldn't be arsed cooking today (yep, I'm the cook in this house) so my daughter and I had chicken kebab meat with fries, salad and chilli sauce, £3.50 each.
Tomorrow is a Sunday...I can't remember a Sunday since I was a kid and was forced to go to Sunday School. Do we still have Sundays?

Fridays - dinner with the in laws
Saturday - Park run - take Kid to Park or swimming or something - then chilled night with the Mrs
Sunday - either run or play footie in morning - then get smashed with mates down the pub.

that’s my standard weekends.

I'd post about what I get up to at weekends but I fear it'd just be too God damn interesting for everybody, I don't want to mesmerize no-one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.