Do you expect us 2 win the CC? Or is it just hope?

We will beat the scum and Villa will beat Blackburn. Then Villa will have an injury or two, Dunney will be captain for them and will lift the Carling Cup when they beat us.

Nah joking, whoever wins our semi-final will win the whole thing IMO. I fully expect it to be us who win it as our squad will have far superior determination than the other 3 teams to get the first trophy won and then we can kick on with the belief that we are winners and will help trying to win future trophies.

It's just hope for me really...we are clearly, and rightly underdogs for the semi - I think I'd be more confident if it were just one leg. But as City fans - we've lived on hope for so long rather than expectancy - it's hard to change. Also, it's early days into our revival yet - we cant expect to beat the rags yet unfortunately.

The key is to get an early goal at home - that has been the reason for so many of our draws - the lack of early goal means we have been trying to force it and the opposition have grown in confidence.

As with any derby - I wont enjoy it in the slightest...I'll be a chain-smoking wreck...but with a bit of luck, fans getting behind us for the full ninety, and some cool heads...who knows...

kiwikiddy said:
It's just hope for me really...we are clearly, and rightly underdogs for the semi - I think I'd be more confident if it were just one leg. But as City fans - we've lived on hope for so long rather than expectancy - it's hard to change. Also, it's early days into our revival yet - we cant expect to beat the rags yet unfortunately.

The key is to get an early goal at home - that has been the reason for so many of our draws - the lack of early goal means we have been trying to force it and the opposition have grown in confidence.

As with any derby - I wont enjoy it in the slightest...I'll be a chain-smoking wreck...but with a bit of luck, fans getting behind us for the full ninety, and some cool heads...who knows...

I think in terms of quality we should not be underdogs. Without doubt, we go into this game with the closest matched teams in a long long time.

As in 1969/70 we'll beat the rags over two legs ..... and then go on to win the final.

Didsbury Dave said:
kiwikiddy said:

I think in terms of quality we should not be underdogs. Without doubt, we go into this game with the closest matched teams in a long long time.

I agree with the quality part...but so much of football, as with any sport, is about having a better winning mentality. This is something you can see with that mob - the way they come from behind and get draws/wins. We are some way short of that kind of deep-running self-belief...largely due to the fact that we are a newly assembled team/squad. Therefore, for me, until we can m,atch them in that area, we will be underdogs more often than not.
This isnt to say we can't or wont win (anything can happen in the cup!), but we are some way short of that. I have no doubt we will get there however.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
kippaxwarrior said:
I think it really depends on what side baconface puts out
He said he'd carry on playing the "kids"but then again,if he said it was raining,you'd look out of the window.Horrible lying old jock prick.

lol

Things never run smoothly for us. We'll fuck it up somewhere along the line.

It's the hope that kills you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.