Do you miss Mancini's slow build up style ?

jay_mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Is this a joke?

We're ingrained in Mancini's style.

We've arrived at a confused hybrid of Italian pace and possession based football, with an inability to then flick the switch to inject the intensity and high-line defending.

It was bound to happen crossing over two different regimes.

Because, apart from a 3 month period when Negredo and Aguero had a great partnership, this team is much better suited to the passing game of Mancini. To control possession and tempo like we did under RM, even if slow at times, was better for the likes of Silva, Nasri and Yaya because they didn't have to do the defending they do now. Kompany looked better because he was never exposed like he is these days and the full backs were able to bomb on and create the width. With these players it's a much better setup.

I'm preying Guardiola comes and we revert to that because this supposed exciting brand of football played by MP has been pedestrian and boring for a while.

To a greater or lesser extent your right that the players were/are more suited to Mancini's style. But the truth is they will be phased out and we'll be in a better position to judge MP's brand once he has his players packing out our best XI.

Mister Appointment said:
jay_mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Is this a joke?

We're ingrained in Mancini's style.

We've arrived at a confused hybrid of Italian pace and possession based football, with an inability to then flick the switch to inject the intensity and high-line defending.

It was bound to happen crossing over two different regimes.

Because, apart from a 3 month period when Negredo and Aguero had a great partnership, this team is much better suited to the passing game of Mancini. To control possession and tempo like we did under RM, even if slow at times, was better for the likes of Silva, Nasri and Yaya because they didn't have to do the defending they do now. Kompany looked better because he was never exposed like he is these days and the full backs were able to bomb on and create the width. With these players it's a much better setup.

I'm preying Guardiola comes and we revert to that because this supposed exciting brand of football played by MP has been pedestrian and boring for a while.

To a greater or lesser extent your right that the players were/are more suited to Mancini's style. But the truth is they will be phased out and we'll be in a better position to judge MP's brand once he has his players packing out our best XI.
Isnt that a failure of the DoF system though? We shouldnt have to turnover a team just to suit the latest manager.

moomba said:
Mister Appointment said:
jay_mcfc said:

Isnt that a failure of the DoF system though? We shouldnt have to turnover a team just to suit the latest manager.

I don't see it as a failure on anyone's part. The core of our best XI was bought before Txiki and MP arrived and have been stalwarts in the team. However they are getting old/older and the new players coming on in those positions will be of the choosing of Txiki/MP. Doesn't mean the players either going out or being replaced are a failure. Far from it with the titles they've won.

IMO most of the players signed so far under Txiki fall into the category of squad players. We haven't improved our best XI since the summer of 2011 really. We will do IMO this summer.

The passing game of Mancini?

What do some think we do now?

We still control possession and we still pass the ball more than virtually any other side.

blueinsa said:

We still control possession and we still pass the ball more than virtually any other side.

We currently top the charts for possession, pass completion, shots and goals as far as the league goes. Our average possession is higher now than in Mancini's last two seasons.

OB1 said:
blueinsa said:

We currently top the charts for possession, pass completion, shots and goals as far as the league goes. Our average possession is higher now than in Mancini's last two seasons.

I'm at a loss as to what some are thinking on here of late, I really am.

blueinsa said:
OB1 said:
blueinsa said:

I know what you mean but far too often people put forward opinions that, IMO, are not supported by the facts. Quite why people do that when you can check facts so easily is something that I find frustrating.

blueinsa said:
OB1 said:
blueinsa said:

I think people are thinking that so far it's been a pants season. The squad has been pants. Pellers has been pants and people are taking pot shots at various targets out of frustration that we have been so...pants.

OB1 said:
blueinsa said:
OB1 said:

I know what you mean but far too often people put forward opinions that, IMO, are not supported by the facts. Quite why people do that when you can check facts so easily is something that I find frustrating.

It's really fucking funny though because as you said yesterday, we know the motivations of the biggest gobshites have nowt to do with being objective or in fact honest.

Still I'm figuring the next manager might be one everyone can get behind without bringing their pain at the previous ones' dismissal to the table. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.