Do you miss Mancini's slow build up style ?

Is this a joke?

We're ingrained in Mancini's style.

We've arrived at a confused hybrid of Italian pace and possession based football, with an inability to then flick the switch to inject the intensity and high-line defending.

It was bound to happen crossing over two different regimes.

Under Mancini our build up play could be slow or quick.
Under Pellers our build up play can be slow or quick.
Under Pep/Carlo/whoever our build up play will be slow or quick.

The one noticeable feature was that in the title winning seasons our build up play was more effective. It is arguable that when your play is more effective and you are winning more games this increases confidence and speed of thought which further increases the tempo.

Neither Mancini or Pellers wish us to play with a slow tempo all the time. No manager does as it allows the opposition to regroup. There are times when you may wish to slow a game down in order to regain control and if there is one feature I feel we lack slightly under Pellers is that ability to control a game.

I guess its a bit like dancing with a varied tempo a sort of slow, quick, quick, slow. Patient build ups with quick strikes and lightening counters when it matters.

BobKowalski said:

The one noticeable feature was that in the title winning seasons our build up play was more effective. It is arguable that when your play is more effective and you are winning more games this increases confidence and speed of thought which further increases the tempo.

Neither Mancini or Pellers wish us to play with a slow tempo all the time. No manager does as it allows the opposition to regroup. There are times when you may wish to slow a game down in order to regain control and if there is one feature I feel we lack slightly under Pellers is that ability to control a game.

I guess its a bit like dancing with a varied tempo a sort of slow, quick, quick, slow. Patient build ups with quick strikes and lightening counters when it matters.

I tend to agree

Although i was one of Mancini's biggest critics the display at Spuds in 2011 (5-1) was one of the best 90 mins of football i've seen City play, the movement and pace we played at was mouthwatering.

On the flipside though seeing that display made it even more frustrating when we didn't perform, sound familiar between last season and this?

BobKowalski said:

under guardiola .. barcelona would play with a slow tempo every game .. im not sure what hes doing with bayern at the moment.

in mancinis final season we began to play slow, prbably because the new board wanted to us to play like barcelona.

mastermind said:
City_Sean said:
Our build up play under Mancini was horrific. Slow, laboured football with little movement.

I don't miss it one bit.

Atleast you see the difference between the now and then.

Some of the posters think the football hasn't changed.

I wager that no one has ever seen you two in the same room, at the same time.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Is this a joke?

We're ingrained in Mancini's style.

We've arrived at a confused hybrid of Italian pace and possession based football, with an inability to then flick the switch to inject the intensity and high-line defending.

It was bound to happen crossing over two different regimes.

Because, apart from a 3 month period when Negredo and Aguero had a great partnership, this team is much better suited to the passing game of Mancini. To control possession and tempo like we did under RM, even if slow at times, was better for the likes of Silva, Nasri and Yaya because they didn't have to do the defending they do now. Kompany looked better because he was never exposed like he is these days and the full backs were able to bomb on and create the width. With these players it's a much better setup.

I'm preying Guardiola comes and we revert to that because this supposed exciting brand of football played by MP has been pedestrian and boring for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.