Do you play shit in big matches?( football)

mancityscot

Well I do, I'm good at football normally, when mucking around and playing matches where there's no pressure etc. But when it's a big match or a trial for the first team etc , I always fuck up and fail to impress. Like last night the 2nd 11 (my team) were playing against the 1st 11 and I was awful, control let me down, easy to get the ball off me and I wasn't able to beat people.the only thing that was good was my passing. This really anooys me, I am recovering from a bad cold, but it has really hit my confidence. I just always fail to deliver on big occasions. I also had a trial for the first team, but fucked that up and got Kb'd.

Any one got the same problem, and got any advice to help

I used to play quite a bit when i was younger but didn't have the same problem.For me it was the other way around...fucking about in training etc but coming good in the big matches.It's all down to your confidence mate.Instead of trying to impress just do the things you are good at.Switch the brain on.Always look for the easy pass at first.Jockey,don't dive in.Keep an eye on your position.Get a feel of your direct opponent.But above all...try and enjoy it,relax.You will play better.

Same as Bimbo tend to lose all ability against the shitter teams yet play a decent side and i'm fine.

I play better against better sides and players. Well at least i did until I stopped playing a few years back due to injury. I also enjoyed the more physical games and if I got a kick I felt I was doing something right to warrant it and would keep going at players and would give them a kick when the opportunity presented itself. I'd never try as much against players who weren't that good because in some strange way I felt sympathetic.

Ive just finished sports psychology. If I was sad enough I could create a psychological skills training programme for you !

mancityscot said:
Well I do, I'm good at football normally, when mucking around and playing matches where there's no pressure etc. But when it's a big match or a trial for the first team etc , I always fuck up and fail to impress. Like last night the 2nd 11 (my team) were playing against the 1st 11 and I was awful, control let me down, easy to get the ball off me and I wasn't able to beat people.the only thing that was good was my passing. This really anooys me, I am recovering from a bad cold, but it has really hit my confidence. I just always fail to deliver on big occasions. I also had a trial for the first team, but fucked that up and got Kb'd.

Any one got the same problem, and got any advice to help

Are you me?

I failed a trial with Accrington Stanley & Chester at 19 with the same problem, i guess i just think about too much.....failed badly

Try not to think about the match before you play

mancityscot i would not worry to much as your first team manager will be well aware of second team players who are promising and capeable of pushing for a first team place.have you been asked to be on the bench for the first team in any of there games or maybe you are not quite ready to step up.The main thing is to enjoy your football.

this seems like an opportune moment to place on record my record 5 goals in 2 games for the 250th st marys cub scout group in a five a side comp.i may not have been the most skillful but i knew where the net was.

Sometimes yeah. Depends on where it is, if its a final, etc. I once had 5 sambucas before a Sunday league morning game for the nerves. I fell out of the car as we pulled up, but then got MOM.

apples said:
mancityscot i would not worry to much as your first team manager will be well aware of second team players who are promising and capeable of pushing for a first team place.have you been asked to be on the bench for the first team in any of there games or maybe you are not quite ready to step up.The main thing is to enjoy your football.

Ah, see that's the thing though, I had a trial for the first team, and played a match with them, but played so bad, missed passes and got tackled easily. Don't know off the guy thinks I'm any good and quite frankly, don't know if I am good enough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.