Do you really believe the league is over...?

We are in a good position but must not become complacent. Most fans of other teams do not believe me when I say I don't think that things are over. I like to believe that this year's team has had a good mentality instilled and won't allow complacency to seep in.

As I and many others have already said, we have won titles ourselves from near insurmountable challenges. I think it isn't unrealistic to say that there are some away games where anything could happen on the day. If we lost at Spurs, Arsenal or drew at Everton, if other results work in favour of our rivals, that alone sees the current lead halved. And then nerves can set in. Be patient and reserved.

We overturned an 8 point deficit at the start of April in 2012 and it wouldn't take much of a downturn to narrow the gap to 8 points by the start of April this year. That said, both things happening together seems unlikely - although I'm still expecting some twists and turns in the race before we get there. I also think that forecasts of having is sown up by the derby game are probably fairly optimistic. Would love to be proved wrong, though!

Some of the chasing pack are playing good football - hell of a game last night. We should be okay, but only if we play every game as if it's the most important thing ever - thankfully that's Pep's way.

I half agree with the OP in that every obstacle has been put in our way, referees allowing open season on our players etc resulting in injuries and increased fatigue. Where I disagree is with his assessment of the rags ability to capitalise on it. They are in the mix with Dippers, Chelsea, Spurs to secure a top 4 place and whilst I don't have any doubt they will do it I see them still dropping plenty of points. We need to win half of our fixtures. Even with injuries and fixtures piling up I see us doing that and more.

Far from over, the last three away games we won 2 out of 9 possible points and our injury list complicates everything. We've already played 39 competitive games, the game against Burnley is our first game we were not able to regroup after conceding a goal which was proof (for me ) of mental tiredness. And some of these players will potentially continue playing until mid July, crazy stuff.....so the league is far from over.

It is not over , not by a long shot is it over .
So let us press on , blues , with humility and a quiet sense of pride within , over what has been achieved so far - nothing , except the most beautiful commanding football City fans have ever seen . It will all be worth nothing if we don't press home our deserved advantage.
Beat Leicester and we will have 18-19 days break in the league. That would relieve a lot of pressure and would give enormous momentum for the lesser competitions.

Won't be over till we win it. Sane and Jesus injuries really screwed us over and now with the lack of depth and loads of games coming up we will face fatigue. need to hope that we can get through this tough period until our squad is fully fit again.

I'm starting to get a little nervous... ask me again after Leicester

Clearly they build us up to knock us down but it would take a monumental meltdown from this point to fuck it up... Some tough games left though

Cream rises so ww should be OK

I'm starting to get a little nervous... ask me again after Leicester

Clearly they build us up to knock us down but it would take a monumental meltdown from this point to fuck it up... Some tough games left though

Cream rises so ww should be OK

Beating Leicester would be huge.

If we dont win that game it will then be 11 points - 4 points dropped in 2 games - If we do win it, still 13 points with another week of games done.

And with Chelsea and Arsenal our next 2 games after and we draw both of them the gap could then be just 7 points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.